Is your TT sitting in a seasonal site or do you travel with it - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2014, 01:08 AM   #1

Ontario
Is your TT sitting in a seasonal site or do you travel with it

Since we are new to the TT world, we have been travelling with the TT and loving every moment of it. We have thought about setting her up in a seasonal park maybe for one season in the future to eliminate the storage fees, reduce gas costs, go camping on a whim vs. always scheduled etc.... But we also like the freedom to go where ever we want. We usually go to our Provincial Parks but they are not that cheap anymore. Approximately $45.00 plus 13% tax per night for an electric only site.

What is your preference

WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:30 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
Since we are new to the TT world, we have been travelling with the TT and loving every moment of it. We have thought about setting her up in a seasonal park maybe for one season in the future to eliminate the storage fees, reduce gas costs, go camping on a whim vs. always scheduled etc.... But we also like the freedom to go where ever we want. We usually go to our Provincial Parks but they are not that cheap anymore. Approximately $45.00 plus 13% tax per night for an electric only site.

What is your preference
We travel for a living and then we travel some more while on vacation. I work heavy construction and my bride is a Sr. Flight Attendant.

We are going to travel for just as long as we are able, see what we can see and enjoy it while we can.

I have actually done both in the past and we prefer to travel vs going to the same spot every weekend. But to each their own. Our state parks are still inexpensive enough to make it worth while ~$25usd, and the occasional resort type campground isn't outrageous compared to a decent hotel.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #3

British Columbia
Wow I thought $15-28 dollars for our provincial parks was getting up there, but that's just the site no hook ups.

We travel with our TT just like we used to when we were touring on my Harley-Davidson, get out to the highway and say which way. We never plan our trips, we just go, last year we had two destinations, Newfoundland and Dover DE. We crossed the border at Oroville WA and turned east. We drove until something said stop here and it might a day or a week that we would be stopped.

We like to get of the beaten track, thirty years of living in the big city was about thirty years too many, so we like to get back to our roots. That's the small towns and the neat people you meet in them.

I inherited wanderlust from my Nordic ancestors, so set up at a seasonal park wouldn't work for us. Just too much world and not enough time.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:21 AM   #4

Arkansas
We travel year around full time. We are usually in a different state every week. Last week in Georgia. Before that New Jersey, This week Tennessee. Next week Texas. We are videographers. Check out our website.
slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:24 AM   #5

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Wow I thought $15-28 dollars for our provincial parks was getting up there, but that's just the site no hook ups.

We travel with our TT just like we used to when we were touring on my Harley-Davidson, get out to the highway and say which way. We never plan our trips, we just go, last year we had two destinations, Newfoundland and Dover DE. We crossed the border at Oroville WA and turned east. We drove until something said stop here and it might a day or a week that we would be stopped.

We like to get of the beaten track, thirty years of living in the big city was about thirty years too many, so we like to get back to our roots. That's the small towns and the neat people you meet in them.

I inherited wanderlust from my Nordic ancestors, so set up at a seasonal park wouldn't work for us. Just too much world and not enough time.
Seriously you only pay that much!!! Here in Ontario a non-electric site is only about $5.00 cheaper. I don't even want to calculate what I have spent so far. I have 32 nights booked so far so my guesstimate, about $1600 . I still have my fall camping to book. Lets not even factor in the gas! LOL Getting expensive eh!

I agree with you 100%...so much world out there.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:44 AM   #6

British Columbia
And then if your add the geezer discount it's half price, except for the summer months. Then even us old guys get to pay full price. That's ok by me, I like to leave those months for young families. If we do decide to go somewhere we leave home Sunday and come home Friday, that leaves the weekends for families.

Then sometimes we come across some little place it costs nothing, course you won't any facilities.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
I must have been born under a wandering star...

I have been working "on the road" for the past 17 years, up until about 3 years ago I was out of town around 250-280 days a year, that has slowed quite a bit, but I still spend a good 75-100 days out of town.

The cost is what it is. I know some guys that spend more in a bar in one night than I spend in a weekend of camping fees.

The cost for our state parks in NC is $25 a night which includes water and electric. There is a dump station somewhere in the park. I think the most I have ever paid has been in the $65-$70 range for a night in an RV Resort during peak season. I am not quite old enough to qualify for any old geezer discounts, but we do take advantage of AAA, Good Sam, etc. One campground I stayed in for a couple of weeks canceled my bill because I gave them a hand fixing somethings around the place.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #8

Colorado
We'll usually try to cut fuel cost (and avoid winterizing) by storing our camper. We live in SW Colorado at 7K feet so by October freezing is a problem. We will take a trip to Tucson, AZ around then for a few weeks then find a storage lot to leave it at in either Phoenix or Tucson before heading back to CO. In December (After Christmas) we'll head back out, pick it up and continue out to SO Cal where we'll spend the rest of the winter.
Saves us a lot of miles on the TT and fuel cost.

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote