Helpful Information - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #1

Tennessee
Helpful Information

Obviously, most of us here are pulling Dutchmen rigs around. That said, our various rigs cover a wide variety of models and layouts. Some posts are of nearly universal interest (e.g. Norcold Fridge problem), but some issues are pretty unit specific (e.g. problem with bunk bed ladders), as would be any advice offered. I think it would help both the posters and the responders if the year/type of unit (e.g. 2013 221RBSL) was included in the thread title and, ideally, in your signature block (as mine is, below). This would go a long way toward attracting accurate, appropriate and helpful responses, as well as helping those scanning the threads determine if they even need to bother reading a post (relevancy?).
Just my two cents.....

2013 Kodiak 253RBSL - 2004 Ford Expedition
Panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #2

California
I started writing a similar post yesterday but couldn't quite figure out how to put it into words. When I look at a thread I want to help, if I can, and then deposit any knowledge I get in my Denali how to bank. There are so many options though that I find I am rarely ever talking to a Denali 5th wheel operator. I find sometimes the questions posed by Voltage owners (big group) and Infinity owners (bigger than Denali) are so specific they don't apply to me. I wonder if there were a Denali 5th wheel site, would anyone come? I also wonder if any Dutchmen tech/rep's review this site ever? Just wonderin'.

Jlew127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #3

New Mexico
I wonder also if any Dutchmen staff visit the site, they should so they can get a 'pulse' on the products that they make. My last 5th wheel was a POS Cyclone 300c and on the Heartland forum you could actually get a factory rep chime in from time to time, usually when someone praised the product but once in a blue moon to offer assistance only after the peer pressure of other forum members (that or the thread was shut down (or PM threats) by the thug pro Heartless moderators) After all, when was the last time one of these manufacturers sent out a post purchase survey? The car builders do but I tend to think that the RV industry as a whole would get hammered. Ive often said if the RV industry was held to relatively the same standards as the auto industry most lines would fold and the others would step up on the quality. That being said I try to read most posts because even if we have different models many of the items are the same, refrig, AC, landing gear etc. so I also try to help as much as possible.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #4

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post
I wonder also if any Dutchmen staff visit the site, they should so they can get a 'pulse' on the products that they make. My last 5th wheel was a POS Cyclone 300c and on the Heartland forum you could actually get a factory rep chime in from time to time, usually when someone praised the product but once in a blue moon to offer assistance only after the peer pressure of other forum members (that or the thread was shut down (or PM threats) by the thug pro Heartless moderators) After all, when was the last time one of these manufacturers sent out a post purchase survey? The car builders do but I tend to think that the RV industry as a whole would get hammered. Ive often said if the RV industry was held to relatively the same standards as the auto industry most lines would fold and the others would step up on the quality. That being said I try to read most posts because even if we have different models many of the items are the same, refrig, AC, landing gear etc. so I also try to help as much as possible.
I believe the difference between this Dutchmen forum and Heartland forum is that Dutchmen is independently operated and has no affiliation with Dutchmen Manufacturing. Where as, Heartland forum is created and operated by Heartland.

I'll ask my better half, I believe we received a questionair after we purchased our Infinity. I think it was more of how are purchasing experience was then how are rig is.

X2 on everything else said.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #5

Tennessee
Good comments, but let's please not lose sight of the thought behind my original post. Communication with the manufacturer and its dealer network is, of course, a good and necessary thing, but my hope was simply to encourage the many forum posters to give us a clue what sort of rig they have (I noted that all the responders so far to this post have done exactly that, so I'm probably preaching to the choir... )

2013 Kodiak 253RBSL - 2004 Ford Expedition
Panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #6

Quebec
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you folks get your signature block to appear? (Like Bob & Trish above) In my Profile I have included my trailer and truck models, but they don't show up in the signature block ....?
Help!
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmiles View Post
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you folks get your signature block to appear? (Like Bob & Trish above) In my Profile I have included my trailer and truck models, but they don't show up in the signature block ....?
Help!
Go to User CP in the upper left on the toolbar and click it. On the next screen you will see Your Control Panel on the left. Under Settings and Options click Edit Signature.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #8

Quebec
Thank you so much Laura and Rodney! I never would have found it without your help. Let's see if it works ......
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
Old 07-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #9

Quebec
Yes!

2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel