Furrion Camera - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #1

Florida
Furrion Camera

Greetings to all:
I have a question for the group. I have a new Aerolite 284BHSL. It came prewired for the Furrion Rear View or Backup camera. Ok so far. I bought the Rear View system and just finished hooking it up. The camera fit perfectly in the housing that was already on the trailer (The hookup wire was there also). Just got through the setup and it doesn't work. The camera is not getting power. I tried the camera inside my vehicle and it worked fine (power lite on), but on the back of the trailer, no power lite. A friend has a different brand and his requires the trailer lites to be on. I tried that and still no power. What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Danj2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #2

Tennessee
I'm assuming you're connected to the tow vehicle? I know on certain GM vehicles you have to add a fuse to get 12 volt power through the factory trailer hookup back to the camper, this may be why your not getting power. I would check the truck plug to see if you have power, then check that the factory camera wiring is actually connected and check the fuse box for a blown fuse. It seems silly to have a backup camera that requires the running lights to be on.

Of course this is assuming the camera runs off of 12v system and not the 120v

Old 03-17-2018, 04:19 PM   #3

Florida
Thanks Wildwest. Yes, I am connected to the camper and the camper has power. I even turned the trailer lights on to see if that works, but it didn't. I'm still trying different options, but so far, nothing. Thanks again.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #4

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj2718 View Post
Thanks Wildwest. Yes, I am connected to the camper and the camper has power. I even turned the trailer lights on to see if that works, but it didn't. I'm still trying different options, but so far, nothing. Thanks again.
Electrical problems are no fun, good luck.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:56 AM   #5

California
I was wondering the same thing after installing my camera. I called Keystone and the rep said it gets its power from the rear marker lights. Hook your trailer harness to your tow vehicle and turn on the lights. You should now get power to the camera and see the image on the Furrion display.
PapaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:50 PM   #6

Colorado
I don't know if you fixed this yet, but I had this same issue. I spent a few days tracing wires, and trouble shooting. Turns out the wires were hooked up backwards.

Take off the entire mounting bracket and you'll see where the wire nuts are connected to the lead for the furion unit. Switch those and see if it works. I'll bet money it does.
blackoaktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #7

Florida
Thanks for the tip. I did find out that it is wired for reverse only. So, I am going to re-wire it so it is on the position light circuit or wiring harness. I believe that will be the only way to power it all the time ( of course, I will have to have the position lights on).
Old 02-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #8

Florida
Mine was wired backwards on the trailer from the factory. After I figured that out and fixed it the camera works great. I use it in place of buying extended mirrors for my TV.

Jimmygator is offline   Reply With Quote