Drove 115 miles to look at a 200QB - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #1

Drove 115 miles to look at a 200QB

And I was quite impressed with it. Has a lot of storage, lots of drawers and cupboards and has everything I think we need. My wife will be available next weekend not this to go look at it if they still have it, if not there will be another I am sure. The cabinet doors were not all wood but we can live with that it is not our kitchen at home, but it does have some counter space in the galley to prepare meals which others don't. The ceiling is a little low compared to others but is seven feet high and is flat were others are curved so they seem higher. Outside storage is large but for some reason they never put in any lights in the cargo area, not a big deal but would be nice. Salesman was not to technical astute, I was looking at the water heater and asked how do you get to the bypass valve and he didn't know where it was or what it was, maybe the new trailers have some other way to bypass the water heater when you winterize. Anyone know?
Also looked at a Bullet Premier 19FT trailer but did not like it as much, it had a slide which I don't really like, just one more thing to go wrong, Ceiling was higher so gave the feeling of being larger but where the slide is there is no overhead cabinets and the Kodiak has three overheads there. The cabinet doors were of better quality but that was about all that was better than the Kodiak, that and the roof outside is curved and the Kodiak is flat. It also weighs around 300 lbs more and is $3000 more so my conclusion is the Kodiak is a better buy for us but when She Who Must Be Obeyed takes a look that may change but she is pretty tight with a buck and she will probably figure all she can buy with 3K.

Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Community Founder

Re: Drove 115 miles to look at a 200QB

Hey, GS.

Nice floorplan.

Unloaded Weight 3874
Cargo Capacity 1526
Hitch 322
Length 24' 2
Height 10'
Width 8'
Fresh Water 52
Waste Water 28
Gray Water 39
Furnace Size (BTUs) 19000

eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #3

You can actually go to the dutchmen site and click on customer service. Then choose manuals. You can down load the owners manual for the trailer and see how to service the water heater. Ours came with a special connection and is performed the same as any water heater other than that.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim87114
You can actually go to the dutchmen site and click on customer service. Then choose manuals. You can down load the owners manual for the trailer and see how to service the water heater. Ours came with a special connection and is performed the same as any water heater other than that.
Been there, done that, the only thing it shows is the bypass valves no mention on how to access them.
Not a problem, if I decide to purchase this TT I will make sure a technician shows me how to get to them.
But thanks for the reply and the tip. I sent a message to Dutchman asking how to get to them but no answer yet.
Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote