Coleman lantern lt17b tv mount spot - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2020, 11:20 PM   #1

Minnesota
Coleman lantern lt17b tv mount spot

Hi everyone so I just bought a 2021 Colman lantern lt17b and I was wondering it shows a spot on wall to put tv mount does anyone know exactly where I can put the mount and also how big of an tv can I go how much weight will the wall support ?

Acmac23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #2

California
I don’t have your trailer but suggest you do NOT trust the sticker location to be exact. Use a stud finder to confirm a good mounting location. My sticker was off by several inches. Had I used the sticker’s location I am sure my tv would be on the floor by now.

Old 12-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #3

Florida
I agree with Dsol! Don’t trust the sticker!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:52 PM   #4

Illinois
Thumbs up Coleman Lantern Lt17b Tv Mount Spot

Definitely use the stud finder. I have an Aspen Trail 1760bh, the block in the wall was not big enough for the TV mount I chose. I mounted a larger piece of 3/4' plywood to the block, then attached the mount to that. I used a piece of elastic between a cabinet and overhead shelf to keep the TV from swinging open while towing. I have a 40'" Insignia TV, this method worked out perfectly.
double_demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:10 PM   #5

Oregon
I have a 2020 AspenTrail 2750BHSWE. I know what you are going through! We were told by the salesman that there was a 2x6 behind the sticker! Using a stud finder I could not locate anything within 10” of the sticker. I called Keystone to find out why would they put the sticker there with no sub support! They told me the area behind the sticker only has a doubler (two pieces of paneling) 36”x36” and should be ok to mount to! Below this area is a mantle/bookcase, I removed it to install a fireplace insert into the bookcase. Behind the radio area was a large hole the wiring came thru that allowed me to double check that there was indeed a doubler, yep, it was there,
Anyway I used 1/4”bolts with wing expanders to install my mount. It is solid and we have a 42”flatscreen and have not had any issues.
It took Keystone 3 days to answer my question but I would call and ask. Otherwise as others suggest use a stud finder, if you cannot find one I would bet it has a doubler.
Hope this helps!
Edwal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:09 AM   #6

Oklahoma
Thats pretty sharp thinking. And who cares about astetics as long as it fits the purpose.
Technoguy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:20 AM   #7

Connecticut
Adding a TV

In a small camper like that I'd get a small TV tuner to connect to a laptop and put it on the dinette table. Like this one available from Amazon. (Hybrid USB TV Tuner, ATSC, Clear QAM HDTV & Digital Radio,Supports Windows & Android TV with Mini TV Antenna IR Remote Control)https://www.amazon.com/MyGica-Digita...s%2C220&sr=8-6
kimbo@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:15 PM   #8

Florida
I have the Coleman 1605FB and hung a tv this past weekend. I initially used a stud finder then used a finishing nail and nailed it into the wall where I thought the bracket mount would go to ensure I hit something solid. After I did that, I marked the wall with the provided wall mount template, and was easy peasy. 32" tv was a perfect fit.
Bubsphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 01:51 PM   #9

California
I have the same trailer and mounted about a 32” or so tv on the wall at the foot of the “master” bed. I found a seam in the wall sheets and pushed lightly to locate where it stopped flexing. It ended up dead center on the seam. I used a mount that uses 2 vertical screws only. Pre-driller with small holes and then ran in somewhat beefy lag-screw type fasteners. Ran cable line from sink area over the doorway and hid cable behind the head-knocker over the door. There’s only about 10” of cable line visible on the sink-side as it routed off the cable port and then heads forward. Final product is just fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5323.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	6567

DavyJones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lantern17b, tvmount