Coleman CTS16BH - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #1

New Jersey
Coleman CTS16BH

Hello,

After a few years of searching the internet and attending many RV shows, we finally put a deposit on a 2014 Coleman Expedition LT CTS16BH. We enjoyed our 97' Coleman pop-up, but found it was time to move up.

It was very hard to find a small bunkhouse travel trailer with an open floorplan and sleeping for 4-5. The Jayco Swift 184BH & the Wildwood X-Lites are close contenders, as well as some hybrids <20 ft.

Unlike the Jayco Swift, there is absolutely no information or personal reviews on the new Coleman Expedition line-up.

We are excited, yet anxious about the purchase. In particular, I'm concerned about the ground clearance, the shower platform, and overall quality since I'm about to finalize the deal.

Please use this thread to post any comments, questions or suggestions related to the CTS16BH.

Much appreciated,

Frank.

FrankCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #2

Arkansas
Welcome and congrats.
I don't have the same TT you have, I have 2013 CTS192RD.
If I can help you just let me know. If not I am shure someone will chim in.

d_eggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #3

New Jersey
Thank You!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #4

New Jersey
Just bought CTS16BH and very happy with walk through. Camper has everything we need and then some. Dealer said he can "flip the axles" for more clearance if need be, and will not void warranty. Dealer threw in 2 extra stabilizer jacks, cable TV connection, an Anti-Sway bar & a few other items.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #5

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCLV View Post
Just bought CTS16BH and very happy with walk through. Camper has everything we need and then some. Dealer said he can "flip the axles" for more clearance if need be, and will not void warranty. Dealer threw in 2 extra stabilizer jacks, cable TV connection, an Anti-Sway bar & a few other items.
That is the start of a good dealer relationship! On the other hand, our TH has been in the shop 2 weeks (come Monday) for a 2 page list of warranty issues....and I still have not heard from them....guess who is getting a call come Monday!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #6

New Jersey
Mentioned ground clearance concern previously, and sure enough, had a problem bringing trailer home.

Even with the slightest pitch on my driveway, the triangle skid plates are scraping! Spoke to dealer about 'flipping the axles'.

Dealer now suggests caster wheels that attach to rear frame or skid plates. They will roll on the pavement until T.T. tires pick up the trailer. No adding extra stairs, changing hitch drop etc..

Lets see what happens...
Old 07-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #7

New York
go with the axle flip......more clearence - no chance of the wheels bending - get a portable step for the needed "ground clearence", DH made one it looks like a mini pallet!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
That is the start of a good dealer relationship! On the other hand, our TH has been in the shop 2 weeks (come Monday) for a 2 page list of warranty issues....and I still have not heard from them....guess who is getting a call come Monday!
Well I called again and this time got the manager - things seem to be going a lot better than before....should have TH home next Friday! But then again, Tim will call me Monday to confirm!