Aerolite 282dbhs Bunk Mod - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

Arkansas
Aerolite 282dbhs Bunk Mod

We are considering the 282 model, but the bunks are only rated to 150lbs- seriously?! I only know like 2 adults that weigh less than 150lbs!

I did find this old thread: http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...imit-1718.html

I was wondering if anyone actually modified the bunks and had success in increasing the weight limit? If so, pictures would be awesome! We love this floor plan, but unless we can make the bunks OK for 200lbs, we'll have to pass and go with the very similar (but not as stylish) Starcraft plan with the bunks that go up/down.

Anyone know or hear of what they are doing to the 2016 models? Any chance they will up the weight limit in the next one?? Our dealer only has 2015's they are trying to clear out.

live2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #2

Arizona
Just bought a 282bhs areolite

I spoke to the rep for Dutchmen and asked him about this. He said they are rated for 300 pounds. They probably dont want owners to start using the bed bunks as storage shelves and over loading them.

Brian from az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #3

Arkansas
Good to know! Thanks!
live2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:23 AM   #4

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2camp View Post
We are considering the 282 model, but the bunks are only rated to 150lbs- seriously?! I only know like 2 adults that weigh less than 150lbs!

I did find this old thread: http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...imit-1718.html

I was wondering if anyone actually modified the bunks and had success in increasing the weight limit? If so, pictures would be awesome! We love this floor plan, but unless we can make the bunks OK for 200lbs, we'll have to pass and go with the very similar (but not as stylish) Starcraft plan with the bunks that go up/down.

Anyone know or hear of what they are doing to the 2016 models? Any chance they will up the weight limit in the next one?? Our dealer only has 2015's they are trying to clear out.
For legal reason only 150lbs.
I have 2015 aerolite 282 model and it 300lbs each bunks just look around the track there a sticker with maximum load ratings.
Hope this help...
silcolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #5

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian from az View Post
I spoke to the rep for Dutchmen and asked him about this. He said they are rated for 300 pounds. They probably don't want owners to start using the bed bunks as storage shelves and over loading them.
I talked to Dutchmen about this after I bought my 275BH. They told me that there are two manufacturing choices. The 150 and 300lb ratings. They said it depends on which option the dealer ordered. I had the 150lb option. I beefed up the length wise support and ripped out the strand board and put real 3/4 in plywood down. The person that sleeps there, not me, weighs about 250lbs and we have had no trouble. My main concern at the time was the 3/8" strand board. My top single bunk is rated at 80 lbs. Grand-kid sleeps there.
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:19 AM   #6

Virginia
And I have question concerning those bunks. Seems wrong that the bunk section has no AC vent in it and becomes warm unless the curtains are left open. Anyone ever make an adjustment in the way air distributed to that section?

Hdnvn is offline   Reply With Quote