2020 Kodaik 175BH radio issue - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 02:27 AM   #1

Utah
2020 Kodaik 175BH radio issue

Hi All!
New user and owner of a 2020 Kodiak Cub 175BH. Picked up the trailer this past June and love it. After a few trips I'm working through the small list of items that need to be fixed. The few issues I've had have been minor and my local dealer has been pretty good about getting everything addressed.

However, I have one issue that they say is "normal" but I'm not convinced it is. The trailer came with an iRV-29, 2-zone radio. Here's the rub... when muting Zone 1 or 2 the unit doesn't actually mute the audio it only reduces the volume. The dealer says this is normal but I disagree. Anyone else have this issue with the radio? A friend has a Furion 2-zone radio in their trailer (not a Kodaik) with mute that, when muting one of the zones, the volume is reduced to zero.

Also, anyone ever seen a user manual floating around for this radio? I've looked all over Google to no avail.

Kimosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:11 PM   #2

Florida
maybe give these guys a call...

https://irvtechnologies.com/

https://irvtechnologies.com/docs/iRV...Lit_NEW_v2.pdf

iRV SUPPORT
574-970-8348

By the way, welcome to the forum and happy travels!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:16 PM   #3

Florida
By the way, you may be able to find manuals here (sometimes)-but NO guarantee...

https://www.dutchmen.com/rv-manuals-online
Old 08-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #4

Utah
Hey all,
Just a follow up to my previous post. Thanks to franktafl for his suggestion to call the manufacturer. I did this on Monday and the issue of zone muting not working, along with an audio bleed over problem when in BT mode, are known issues that their engineers have not been able to resolve as of yet. However, they are getting a new batch of units shortly and will be sending me one that works once they've been bench tested and confirmed to be good.

I was extremely impressed with their customer service. They were quick to respond to my phone call and very helpful.
Kimosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:26 AM   #5
BLT

Texas
Hey @kimosan - Just following up to see if you ever got the new radio. Just picked up the 2021 Kodiak Cub 196BH and have the same issue, and the dealer is telling me this is expected behavior. Curious if you finally got this resolved.
Cheers!
BLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:12 PM   #6
BLT

Texas
Quick follow up. Called QAV - they confirmed it was an issue and sent me a new radio - the iRV36 over the iRV29. Took 20 min - they were super helpful.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #7

Florida
Old 04-21-2021, 06:48 PM   #8

Alberta
BLT,

With the new, replacement radio, did it work properly?

I have the same issue, and the Dealer says I need to live with it..
Tug Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #9
BLT

Texas
@Tug Hercules - yes it fixed the issue. The manufacturer told me it was a known issue and sent me a new radio (different model). Works great. FWIW my dealer told me twice that it was expected behavior and I should live with it. I thoroughly enjoyed calling their services manager and rubbing his nose in it .

Here's where I found the contact information: https://irvtechnologies.com/

Cheers!