2017 aerolite fuse blown - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #1

New York
2017 aerolite fuse blown

Hey all, I just purchased a 2017 aerolite 2320 bhsl, and every time I close the slide the 15 amp fuse blows for "interior zone 2" in the fuse panel... Seems to only affect the overhead light in the slide out... First TT with a slide so I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not? Figured I would throw it out there if any one has any ideas or has had this problem. I am over 3hrs away from the dealer so if it is a somewhat simple fix I would like to avoid the dealer. Thanks!

Stevem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:07 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevem View Post
Hey all, I just purchased a 2017 aerolite 2320 bhsl, and every time I close the slide the 15 amp fuse blows for "interior zone 2" in the fuse panel... Seems to only affect the overhead light in the slide out... First TT with a slide so I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not? Figured I would throw it out there if any one has any ideas or has had this problem. I am over 3hrs away from the dealer so if it is a somewhat simple fix I would like to avoid the dealer. Thanks!
That sounds like the positive side of the overhead light is getting grounded when the slide closes. I won't begin to offer a suggestion as to where to look for the problem. The wires are buried, hidden and sometimes not accessible to us, or even the dealer wrenches too.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #3

California
Should be under warranty, such as they are. Try dealer if they cannot fix then demand a new TT

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #4

Texas
Hmmmmmm. I'm sitting in my lazy-boy staring at the overhead light in the slide-out dining room, wondering what I'd do in your predicament.

It's true that the wiring is nested between the interior ceiling panel and the external roof panel. So other than a possible short piece of wire attached to the fixture itself, it might be difficult to trace it much farther from the light fixture end.

However, if you remove the fixture, you COULD observe what happens to that portion of the wire. Does it get tugged on? Is the short at the fixture itself? If not, then you can assume a "pinch" is elsewhere.

I'll see if I can find where the wire goes from there. I bet it is routed in the vertical wall and then exits the slide underneath in the flexible loom. That would be the other more likely spot to look. If so, you might be fortunate and find exterior access to the culprit.

Good luck! Let us know what you discover.
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:57 AM   #5

New York
Thanks all for the quick responses! My first thought, as sundancer suggested, was it was grounding out at that one point as the slide closes, and most likely that is what it is... But access looked very limited, so my plan is to take down the light fixture and maybe get lucky and see something... But snakebitten, you brought up a good point about the wires in the loom outside under the slide. When I was taking delivery of the TT, I noticed how tightly the wires and loom were zip tied to the underside of the slide...maybe it is getting pinched outside at that point... I will certainly check both out and keep you updated.....Steve
Stevem is offline   Reply With Quote