2017 2320bhsl bedroom tv ? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2016, 11:40 PM   #1

New York
2017 2320bhsl bedroom tv ?

Hey All! New to the site, and picking up our new 232 bhsl next week!!! Have previously owned hybrids and decided to make the switch over to the TT!! Love this floor plan / length and am impressed with the quality compared to other manufacturers.... Have a question about the bedroom TV location... This model does not have an area on the back of the entertainment center for the bedroom tv, but has a plug and cable hookup on the ceiling in the bedroom... Wondering if anyone knows where you would mount the tv?? You can see it at the top of the picture on the ceiling... Dealer doesn't know and with this being a new model for 2017 I can't find any info on it! Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161110_125759_resized.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	3738  

Stevem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:38 AM   #2

Florida
Welcome to the forum!

One of our members (Pirate?) will show you an awsome fold down from the ceiling mount he has.

There should be a sticker (I don't see it and I am sure you don't either) where Dutchmen thinks they placed some kind of backer board for the mount. I have a fold down TV in my M/H bedroom but it is for a very small TV.

The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:10 AM   #3

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Welcome to the forum!

One of our members (Pirate?) will show you an awsome fold down from the ceiling mount he has.

There should be a sticker (I don't see it and I am sure you don't either) where Dutchmen thinks they placed some kind of backer board for the mount. I have a fold down TV in my M/H bedroom but it is for a very small TV.
Thanks Thom! Yes, no sticker and it sounds, by tapping on the wall, like there is a little backer board in the wall right under the outlets, but I can't be sure, and don't want to drill a hole to find out nothing is there!!! Possibly a stud finder might reveal something, might have to try that when I get it home!
Old 11-11-2016, 03:06 AM   #4

Colorado
Well...Pirate here...been busy for a month or so...

You can choose about any location you want on the bedroom wall for the TV.

Then take a piece of 1/2" plywood or OSB and sand the sides nice an smooth and use "toggle" bolts to attach it to the wall.

Then depending on what size TV you want, go onto Amazon and select at good wall mount kit. Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Fortress-Moun...=tv+wall+mount

The key is that you can add as many mounting bolts to the plywood to hold the TV solidly in place when traveling. There are some wall mount kits that use a rather small footprint attachment to the wall...wanna find the TV on the floor...get one.

If you want a swivel mount, this is one I used for our 42" in the living area:https://www.amazon.com/SIMBR-Mount-B...ll+mount&psc=1

Again, notice it has a large footprint attachment to the wall. You can add as many fasteners as you want.

I'd also recommend using toggle bolts through the wall mount, through the plywood and through the paneling. Just gives you that much stronger attachment...and you can't have too much with a TV.

And if you aren't familiar, toggle bolts: https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Group...s=toggle+bolts

And I would use 5/16" bolt size. You can get them at your nearest Ace Hardware or big box store.

For power, hopefully somewhere on the wall you want to mount the TV is an outlet. Mounting the TV over the outlet is the best. Doesn't have to be centered over the outlet...just over it. With the power shut off, remove the outlet plate and you will probably find there is no typical wiring box in the wall. Just an open hole and an "RV style" outlet. Have no idea where to get one.
So when I've added or changed one, I use an "old work" backless wiring box and a residence type outlet.

Go straight up from that outlet to behind where your TV is going to be mounted and, using an "old work" box, trace the outline and cut a hole in the wall. From the new hole fish romex matching the original outlet size, #14 or #12. Now you can connect the new wire to the original outlet and have an outlet behind the TV. If you're going to want a DVD player, DirectTV box, whatever, you might want to put a four plex box behind the TV.

Don't know what you have for TV, but we have DirecTV and the Genie HD DVR. That makes it very simple to add a wireless video bridge and mini Genie box and then no HDMI cable to try and fish though the walls.

If this isn't enough...lemme know and I'll answer as best I can...and I've got this figured out pretty well!!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #5

New York
Thanks a ton pirate! Will be starting the build as soon as I get it home! Great info!
Old 11-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #6

Colorado
You are more than welcome. That's what this forum is all about...sharing thoughts and solutions!!!

Pirate
Old 01-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #7

Tennessee
Use a stud finder, that's what I do. Don't like to drill into walls but sometimes you have to. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #8

Colorado
One of the things you will need to be careful of...is the wall where you want to mount the TV, or where the plugs are...is it on the wall where a pocket door into the bathroom, or another room, is located?

Ours is. So had to be very careful where screws/anchors were located. Used the original TV mount frame, and everything else added was attached to that frame...outside the wall.

Pirate
Old 02-14-2017, 03:36 PM   #9

Arkansas
It looks like my 2855 bh it has a sticker on the wall below the plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
meterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #10

New York
Thanks for all the responses! I did some more looking online and found some 2320bhsl with a sticker on the wall under the plugs pointing out where to mount the TV... I used a stud finder and that couldn't pick out where the block was, so I ended up mounting it to the 1x4 trim price that covers the sliding door track... Suprisingly this price of trim is beefy and very solid as it is bolted into the metal track and the track is bolted solidly into the ceiling.. Plenty strong to hold my 22" TV. Happy with the results!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170308_140023.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	3962