2016 213RBSL Floor Issue? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2022, 12:03 PM   #1

Georgia
2016 213RBSL Floor Issue?

Hello All,
After bringing our 213RBSL out for the first trip this year we thought the floor felt funny. It's slightly raised and slightly squishy (not sure if this is an accurate description) in front of part of the slide area in front of the sink. I can't locate any water leaks anywhere. Any recommendations? We are afraid to drop it off at the dealer for fear it will be there forever....
Thanks in advance

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:14 PM   #2

Florida
The floors on an RV are made of two pieces of thin wood and styrofoam. I found that the wood doesn’t stick too well to the styrofoam and the styrofoam will sometimes disintegrate and the floor becomes “spongy”.

Best way to confirm this is when you look in a place where the floor has a hole, like plumbing under the shower, somewhere near the water pump, etc.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:38 AM   #3

Georgia
Thanks, I'll take a look.

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:07 AM   #4

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
The floors on an RV are made of two pieces of thin wood and styrofoam. I found that the wood doesn’t stick too well to the styrofoam and the styrofoam will sometimes disintegrate and the floor becomes “spongy”.

Best way to confirm this is when you look in a place where the floor has a hole, like plumbing under the shower, somewhere near the water pump, etc.
It depends on the trailer. Typically those with aluminum sides have a 3/4 plywood or stranboard floor. Those with the smooth fiberglass sides will have the floor you described. Those sandwich type floors like the fiberglass sides will delaminat when water gets in. They can't be fixed.
capeharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:18 AM   #5
Bob

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwinner850 View Post
Hello All,
After bringing our 213RBSL out for the first trip this year we thought the floor felt funny. It's slightly raised and slightly squishy (not sure if this is an accurate description) in front of part of the slide area in front of the sink. I can't locate any water leaks anywhere. Any recommendations? We are afraid to drop it off at the dealer for fear it will be there forever....
Thanks in advance
Do a search on YouTube for caravan floor repair. There is a way to fix your floor.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote