2014 Kodiak flooring question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 03:50 AM   #1

Colorado
2014 Kodiak flooring question

Hi all, I have a 2014 Kodiak 240BHSL. We've had it for over 2 years now and yesterday I came across something that seems odd. We were towing from Joshua Tree NP to Sedona, we stopped at a rest stop to jump in the camper and make some sandwiches and I notice the entire floor was raised up. Air had gotten between the floor I stand on and the subfloor!
Of course there was nothing we could do about it there so after scratching our heads for a few minutes we carried on making lunch. 10 minutes later I looked down and all was back to normal.
So, what happened? Is the floor suppose to be glued down? Anyone ever had this happen? As I said, we've had this camper for 2 years and this had never happened until now. We tow ALOT.

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #2

Quebec
Same thing happened to mine. Called Dutchmen and they confirmed to me that they only glue and/or staple them on the edge. They said that on some models, the floor heat register were installed wrong and air from the furnace could leek between the floor.

To stop this from happening on mine, I closed the 2 air vent on the roof while travelling. Never happened to me since. I guess the vent make enough vacuum to pull the floor and make it bubble.

If they would have spend a few more bucks on glue for the floor this might not be happening.

2010 F-150 Lariat, 5.4L
2014 Kodiak 240 BHSL
gadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #3

Colorado
gadou, thanks for the info. This is exactly what happened with ours! I didn't think much of it but our roof vent over the bed was open when we were towing. We never leave vent's open and I simply missed closing it when we pack up at our last camp. That explains why this had never happened in 2 years.
Thanks again,
Randy
rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote