1999 F19 Cub - specs needed for black and grey water tanks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2019, 09:38 PM   #1

British Columbia
1999 F19 Cub - specs needed for black and grey water tanks

Hi All,
Does anyone know how I can tell the sizes in gallons of my black and grey water tanks for my 1999 F19 hybrid Cub? I want to buy a portable honey wagon but would really like to know the size of my black water tank (at least) before purchasing. We bought this trailer a few years ago and it didn't come with a manual and since the Dutchman site no longer seems to support older model manuals, I can't seem to find the specs anywhere. I did see someone suggested that the specs (or some of them) might be on a sign inside a cupboard door but I checked and don't have anything obvious inside any of the doors.

Anniesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #2

Florida
Dutchmen had a "generic" owner's manual it gave with each of their RV's. you can find it here.

https://www.dutchmen.com/rv-manuals-online

They don't tell you much concerning the actual specs of the rv's.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #3

British Columbia
Thanks for linking this. I've downloaded the manual now but it doesn't mention black water or black waste at all. I think the different models all had different size tanks which makes it even more complicated.
I'd really like to get a honey wagon that will take the entire contents of the black water tank to avoid spillage and to only have to empty it once.
At least I have a generic manual now in case I ever sell the unit (we are hoping to look at a bigger newer model this year).
Old 05-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniesgirl View Post
Thanks for linking this. I've downloaded the manual now but it doesn't mention black water or black waste at all. I think the different models all had different size tanks which makes it even more complicated.
I'd really like to get a honey wagon that will take the entire contents of the black water tank to avoid spillage and to only have to empty it once.
At least I have a generic manual now in case I ever sell the unit (we are hoping to look at a bigger newer model this year).

The specs were probably on their website not too long ago since it seems that ALL the links are broken. You may want to call Dutchmen customer support to see if they have the spec sheet in archive.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #5

British Columbia
In this age of the internet, I had completely overlooked that possibility! Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will do just that.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #6

North Carolina
None of the specs listed by the manufacturer for my 5th wheel tanks were accurate. I'm not talking about specs from a model brochure, I'm talking about the spec sheet with the VIN number that is supposed to have the actual weight and capacities of the rig.
I would suggest emptying the tank then use a water meter attached to your city water and fill your black tank to the point where you'd want to empty it. That way you'll have an accurate measurement.
I bought a DAE water meter off eBay for about $38 then added garden hose fittings for about $8 from Lowes and it's been pretty handy for a number of things with the trailer. The digital meters I see online all have terrible reliability ratings, I'm quite happy with mine.
Foothills Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:52 PM   #7

Florida
I was going to suggest a 5 gallon bucket or the black and gray tanks. Your suggestion for the water tank is a good one. Even if that thing is a bit on the expensive side.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:01 PM   #8

North Carolina
Funny you should mention a 5 gallon bucket. The black tank of my old KZ 16FKTH single axle toy hauler was only 5 gallons, gray a whopping 9 gallons! My wife and I traveled to CA and lots of other places in that little thing. 16' of fun she called it.
Foothills Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:19 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foothills Jim View Post
None of the specs listed by the manufacturer for my 5th wheel tanks were accurate. I'm not talking about specs from a model brochure, I'm talking about the spec sheet with the VIN number that is supposed to have the actual weight and capacities of the rig.
I would suggest emptying the tank then use a water meter attached to your city water and fill your black tank to the point where you'd want to empty it. That way you'll have an accurate measurement.
I bought a DAE water meter off eBay for about $38 then added garden hose fittings for about $8 from Lowes and it's been pretty handy for a number of things with the trailer. The digital meters I see online all have terrible reliability ratings, I'm quite happy with mine.
This is very helpful, not just with my 1999 Cub but also with my brand-new-to-me 2010 Rockwood Roo! It hadn't occurred to me that the spec sheets might be inaccurate. Measuring water flow into the tank makes tons of sense. I didn't even know people could buy these kinds of things. I have a lot to learn. Thank you.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:13 PM   #10

South Carolina
I just recently measured our grey water tank using 5 gallon bucket. Because it wouldn't last more than day and half.

Specs say 38 gallons. I squeezed in 42.5 gallons. So it was close.

Good luck.
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
I just recently measured our grey water tank using 5 gallon bucket. Because it wouldn't last more than day and half.

Good luck.
Do you think you may have a leak somewhere. A slow drip can fill up a gray tank fast!
Old 05-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #12

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Do you think you may have a leak somewhere. A slow drip can fill up a gray tank fast!

Dont think so. I think my wife likes to run the water too much haha. She thinks we are at home. I am too old to argue with her
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:11 PM   #13

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post

Good luck.
There are kids in Africa that could use that water!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #14

California
https://www.dutchmen.com/digital-brochure-download
Enter year then model and your brochure is available
Will59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #15

California
Specs say 25 gal for your black tank. One thing you'll want to compare is the height from the ground of your black water outlet vs height of the top of the tote, unless your using a macerator pump.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1540037490_brcfile_1999-cub.pdf (1.65 MB, 76 views)

Will59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black water tank size, specs needed