12v light by outside shower elec/water connections - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 04:57 PM   #1

Ontario
12v light by outside shower elec/water connections

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I purchased a brand new Aerolite 2573BH unit last week and are looking forward to getting in as much camping as possible for the rest of the summer, having a problem with the outdoor 12v light that is located behind the slide and lights up all of the water/electrical connections on the trailer. Thought maybe it was just a bad bulb but no such luck, socket has no 12v power to it and all fuses in the wfco panel are fine, also checked to see if maybe a wire was there that had been missed during hookup but nothing visible. Any idea if this light pulls its power from another light in the unit or if the wiring runs all the way back to main panel? not worth taking it in to the dealership to have it sit during peak usage season and I was hoping i could just trace it myself. Anybody ran into this before?

Diesel7926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #2

South Carolina
Congratulations on your new rig!

If it is the same light we have. It is not a big loss. On, it really does nothing to illuminate the "utilities". I think its only purpose when lit is to announce it's presence.

Sorry could not be of any real help.

Good Luck!

Old 07-31-2019, 05:58 PM   #3

Alabama
It is on the outside light circuit. I didn't see that you had any other outside lights so it should be the only one. Circuit #9
Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #4

Ontario
Thanks for the replies, so I feel really dumb now. Not sure if this is how others are controlled and I figured this out just on sheer luck. Felt like Chevy Chase trying to get his Christmas lights working in National Lampoon's.....lol. Apparently on my unit the outside light is wired through the security light option on the in command interface. We had turned on the security lights option on the screen and found the outside worked once you turn the switch on the bottom on. So the light power is fed through that light as well as the one just inside the entry door. Anyone else unit like this?
Diesel7926 is offline   Reply With Quote