Sturgis 2015 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Camping & RVing > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #1

Illinois
Sturgis 2015

We've been riding the bike to Sturgis for almost 20 years. Now that we bought the toy hauler, we'll be trailing out this year for the first time; joining the ranks of all those people I made fun of for years along with their "trailer queen" bikes. Funny how things work out. Anyway, we were lucky to get a last minute reservation at Katmandu Campground, reserving it before we even bought our unit. Supposedly a nice, friendly place. Anyone ever stay there or have input into other campgrounds in the area that I should check out for 2016 that may accept a reservation? Before I found Katmandu, the few campgrounds I called said their pull-thru sites have been reserved for years and most don't even have a waiting list.

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:18 AM   #2

South Carolina
I just checked Katmandu. Looks like a great place! Used to live in Rapid City, and we all made the same comments about bikes trailered in. Of course, I only had about 20 miles to ride in. Keep those Katmandu reservations, I don't think you'll beat them, especially if you have hook ups. You'll want AC, it can get hot in August.

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:35 AM   #3

Iowa
We've been renting a house in Sturgis for the last 8 years during the rally but now want to take the TH so last years rally we tried several nice campgrounds to check on getting a spot for the 2015 rally (75th). The Sturgis RV just north of the main downtown area within walking distance. Days End out on the west end of Lazelle Street and Big Rig RV which sets high up on a ridge overlooking Sturgis with an awesome view. All three are excellent camping parks but were completely booked for 15 so the people that own the house we rented are letting us park in their driveway this year. Heard a lot about Buffalo Chip camping-sounds interesting.
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #4

Texas
Our first choice has always been "Big Rig RV Park". Great owners, quiet, close to main st.
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote