Places to take your off road toys - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #1

Florida
Places to take your off road toys

Since many of us have toy haulers, I thought it would be nice to have a thread about camping areas we can use our off road toys.

One place we frequent is Boggs and Boulders in Andalusia, Al.
It is a 1000 acre quarry and farm that has lots of trails. They have sites that range from unpaved full hookups to park anywhere you want primitive. And as the name implies, they have lots of boggs and boulders to ride through/over.

Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #2

Colorado
Thom,

Long way from where you are, but we got back a week ago from a three week trip out. Spent the last four nights boon docking on the Lulu Pass road about a mile or so North of Cooke City, Montana.

We set up at these coordinates: N45° 02.027' W109° 54.688'

Just a bit up the road at these coordinates: N45° 02.171' W109° 54.697' is a nice side road follows a loop with five gorgeous pull through sites with fabulous views of the mountains all the way around. Don't know who built this loop, there are FS gates, but no lock and left open

Use BaseCamp Topo U.S. 24K North Central and you'll find all the trails in the area. We did about 3/4 of them before it was time to head home.

On the way there, spent a night at the summit of Battle Pass on Wyoming 70. A gorgeous scenic highway between Encampment and Baggs, Wyoming. Spent the night in a paved lot for trucker to check brakes. No one there, FS out houses.

Coordinates there were: N41° 09.198' W106° 58.854'

More to come,

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #3

Florida
Thanks Pirate.
When we finally retire in about 3 years, our present plans are to put our Gator 850 in the toy hauler and hit as many states as we can to sight see and ride. Thats why I started this thread. We sure would hate to haul the gator all over then find out that we couldn't ride anywhere.
How do you know in advance where off roading is allowed? Haven't found any dedicated websites that would be all inclusive on a nation wide level.
Thanks again for your numbers.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:27 PM   #4

Colorado
Thom,

I can continue to post places we have been in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico and Arizona.

Are you a GPS guy? As I continue my efforts to put all my info together I will share the gpx transfer files with waypoints and tracks.

Do you use Garmin BaseCamp software? Very good place to collect and organize all this info for future use.

I'm also a nut for GoPro cameras and am using Filmora software to prepare a video of most of the trails we do. Don't have all cuz sometimes I'm not that smart and delete them before saving them...

If you like PM me your e-mail address and I'll get some info to you.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #5

Arizona
Go to Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net and get registered so you can use the search engine. I think the total members ship is 83,000 members and I just looked and 2,300 are using it right now.

You will find information on about every possible place you might want to go.

In some of the really nice riding areas they will have width limits. I am always up in the air what ATV to take with me. I love my RZR XP900 but I get restricted in some areas. The Can-AM LTD Max 800 is nice but once you get hooked on the RZR it is hard to go back.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #6

Colorado
Yup, and you'll find me Pirate, on the RZR forum all the time.

Lots of good information there!!!

Pirate
Old 08-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #7

Arizona
We love Arizona because we can ride almost anywhere....the UTVs can easily be made street legal, so no problem going into towns, etc. We can be on ATV trails 5 minutes from our house....gotta love it!
Attached is a link to the Arizona ATV/UTV trail system,
Arizona OHV Trails & OHV Maps OHV Places to Ride and Areas in Arizona
2015 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS
Aztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #8

Arizona
Places for taking toys!

Lake Powell....lots of trails and water! plus great boondocking spots!
2015 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS
Aztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:24 AM   #9

California
Thanks for the Arizona info, that will come in handy when we go there. I do have Garmin .gpx files of some great ATV trails in Utah, from the Bryce Canyon Pines and Duck Creek areas, if anyone would like also.

2015 Voltage 3800 w/ Epic IV, Int&Ext, Garage Pkgs; 8x100W Solar, 2x Xantrex C35 Charge Controllers, SW2000 Inverter & Monitor; 2005 Chevy Duramax Dually 3500 w/Banks; Kawi KFX700 & Polaris Scrambler 500 ATVs.
VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote