One Year Anniversary - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Camping & RVing > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2016, 10:10 AM   #1

Illinois
One Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of me picking up the 3990. We've wintered the past six months in Florida with it. Other than my screw-ups (damaged awnings due to not tying or bringing them in before a storm), we've had very few issues after our initial fit and finish punch list. Dutchmen was kind enough to let me document a few final issues for adjustment that will be completed after we're out of official warranty when we get home in a few weeks. Overall, other than regretting the 4 recliner set-up which sucks for entertaining, we're happy with our decision.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:39 PM   #2

Ontario
Good Volty news. The kind we fellow Volty owners like to hear. Happy anniversary Rusty & Lynn. I'm jealous (as a frost-bitten Canadian, now just starting to thaw) about spending the whole winter in the rig down south. Maybe someday now that I've just retired... Cheers.

2010 Yamaha YZ125
mikesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:55 PM   #3

California
Coming up on two year Anniversary with ours in a couple of weeks. Water pump & kitchen faucet failed on ours after that nothing else major. Is it the best RV we've owned ........... no that would be the Teton. Looking to cut down to just one RV can you guess which one will be up for sale.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:49 PM   #4

Illinois
Congratulations on the retirement Mike. See you down south!
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:50 AM   #5

Alabama
It was one year ago this week we learned our Hornet was contaminated beyond repair w/ black mold and mildew due to two failed attempts to fix water leak.

But it's also coming up on our one year anniversary of purchasing our Dutchmen Kodiak.
Moodyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #6

Maryland
My family and I just passed our 1-year anniversary on our Kodiak as well. Now if the weather would just warm up; expecting snow tomorrow (4/9)... unbelievable!

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyk View Post
It was one year ago this week we learned our Hornet was contaminated beyond repair w/ black mold and mildew due to two failed attempts to fix water leak.

But it's also coming up on our one year anniversary of purchasing our Dutchmen Kodiak.
Hope you didn't spend much time in the Hornet. We lived through the pain of mold and mildew after a flood in the house.

I had a cough linger on for months after it was cleaned up and repaired. I made the mistake of ripping out the wet sheetrock that was contaminated with mold. That's the reason I am so fanatical about my moisture meter and use it regularly to check for moisture in the ceiling floor and walls.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:24 PM   #8

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Hope you didn't spend much time in the Hornet. We lived through the pain of mold and mildew after a flood in the house.

I had a cough linger on for months after it was cleaned up and repaired. I made the mistake of ripping out the wet sheetrock that was contaminated with mold. That's the reason I am so fanatical about my moisture meter and use it regularly to check for moisture in the ceiling floor and walls.
I'd love to say no but who knows how long we were exposed to mold. If I go by when my daughter started having allergy symptoms (stopped up nose, sneezing) when she was in it then probably 1.5 yrs. Not sure how many days it was as we would sometimes go somewhere every weekend, other times might be a few months in between.

When the service manager showed us the actual contamination it made me sick to think about not only us, but our pets too.

Posted via ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Blackberry

Moodyk is offline   Reply With Quote