Hiway 93 in Idaho & Montana or Nevada - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Camping & RVing > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2015, 08:08 PM   #1

California
Hiway 93 in Idaho & Montana or Nevada

Will be going to Glacier Nation Park come this summer time. Was wondering if anyone has driven Hiway 93 in either Idaho or Montana. Was looking at it more as a road to come back on as I'll go up I-15 to Glacier from Las Vegas. Just looking for another way home.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:45 AM   #2

Nevada
I've driven it more times than I care to remember. It's good road all the way, but alot of 2 lane. Another option is running 95 north to Bonners Ferry, 2 to Kalispell, and then back on 95. I would dread running 15 in Utah, SLC. 95 out of Vegas, through Beatty, Tonopah, Fallon, a little I-80 to Winnemucca, then 95 up is a nice drive and alot of history. PM me if want a little more info. I used to drive it once every 2 weeks for work.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #3

California
Change of plans. Going up 1-15 staying at Sam's Town RV park over July 4th. Going up to https://www.lakesidervcampground.com/. Travel I-15 into Idaho & going to take 93 up from there. Plan on stopping in Hamilton for a couple of nights (Anglers Roost Montana) & than go up to http://columbiafallsrvpark.com/ for 4 nights.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:28 PM   #4

Arizona
We are heading the same direction. Difference is I have no reservations anywhere and Glacier is only one of the destinations in mind.

Will be spending 4 months on the road starting sometime after Memorial Day. I see no reason to leave Arizona with the weather being as great as it is now.

We plan on a nice fishing and atv trip. We plan to take Hwy 93 all the way into Montana.

My first planned stop is one of the passes north of Las Vegas for the first night, then Jackpot Nevada for a couple of nights. We will be fishing the Salmon River (and it's tributaries) both north and south of Stanley up to Salmon. Then head north on 93 and fish the Bitter Root River (and it's tributaries) up to Missoula.

After that we have nothing specific in mind.

From Missoula, there is a lot of country to explore. I hope to find a nice spot to park the trailer and head out in the truck to explore mining camps, ghost towns and look for boon dock spots and/or RV parks that have great surroundings.

Will hit Glacier Nation Park at some point while fishing and atv riding the mountains along the way.

The return trip will most likely be down I-15 as return trips (for me) are usually a much direct and faster line of travel. Will probably stop around Yellowstone for a week or so and maybe take a trip over to Cody.

So, that is what we have planned (sort of). Just hope there are no problems with towing this monster toy-hauler.

Your neighbor
Arlan in Arizona

Thanks for the post with your itinerary. The Anglers Roost RV park has peaked my interest. We will check it out while in the area.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:57 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Will be going to Glacier Nation Park come this summer time. Was wondering if anyone has driven Hiway 93 in either Idaho or Montana. Was looking at it more as a road to come back on as I'll go up I-15 to Glacier from Las Vegas. Just looking for another way home.
Just got back from Kalispell. We spent a couple of nights in Missoula then drove 93 to Kalispell. It's two lane with a few passing lanes. Scenery is beautiful. I'd stay on 93 all the way to Kalispell...I was told that the east side of Flathead Lake is two lane and narrow. Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0038.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2190  

Happiness is an old pickup truck, a good dog and an understanding woman....
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona View Post
We are heading the same direction. Difference is I have no reservations anywhere and Glacier is only one of the destinations in mind.

Will be spending 4 months on the road starting sometime after Memorial Day. I see no reason to leave Arizona with the weather being as great as it is now.

We plan on a nice fishing and atv trip. We plan to take Hwy 93 all the way into Montana.

My first planned stop is one of the passes north of Las Vegas for the first night, then Jackpot Nevada for a couple of nights. We will be fishing the Salmon River (and it's tributaries) both north and south of Stanley up to Salmon. Then head north on 93 and fish the Bitter Root River (and it's tributaries) up to Missoula.

After that we have nothing specific in mind.

From Missoula, there is a lot of country to explore. I hope to find a nice spot to park the trailer and head out in the truck to explore mining camps, ghost towns and look for boon dock spots and/or RV parks that have great surroundings.

Will hit Glacier Nation Park at some point while fishing and atv riding the mountains along the way.

The return trip will most likely be down I-15 as return trips (for me) are usually a much direct and faster line of travel. Will probably stop around Yellowstone for a week or so and maybe take a trip over to Cody.

So, that is what we have planned (sort of). Just hope there are no problems with towing this monster toy-hauler.

Your neighbor
Arlan in Arizona

Thanks for the post with your itinerary. The Anglers Roost RV park has peaked my interest. We will check it out while in the area.
Arlan
If you plan on staying at Columbia Falls RV park you might want to call them. With our size of rigs I think they only have a certain # of spots that big. I called & asked and I could only get four nights not the six I wanted. So we are going to stay extra nights at Anglers Roost RV park in Hamilton.

Mike
Old 05-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #7

Arizona
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the heads up. But I never do reservations unless I know I am going to be spending a month or more somewhere. Then I usually end up calling them and telling them I'm going to be late. I get stopped somewhere and don't want to have to follow a schedule. So, if they have something great. If not, no big deal.

I spend more time at RV just to do laundry and use the dump stations. Have fun on your trip. Who know, we might run into each other.

Arlan
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Change of plans. Going up 1-15 staying at Sam's Town RV park over July 4th. Going up to https://www.lakesidervcampground.com/. Travel I-15 into Idaho & going to take 93 up from there. Plan on stopping in Hamilton for a couple of nights (Anglers Roost Montana) & than go up to Columbia Falls RV Park for 4 nights.
Change of plan again I looked at the distance from Provo UT & Hamilton MT. Too much for one day. So looking to stop over in Arco Id. at Mountain View Arco RV Park and Restaurant than next easy day to Anglers Roost RV in Hamilton MT.