Yukon Owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 10:00 PM   #1

Colorado
Smile Yukon Owner

Just bought a Yukon 400RL. I realize it is a brand new model, just wondering if any other Yukon owners on here yet?

Wrhenry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:17 AM   #2

Iowa
Weve been in ours 2 months really like it

sbelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:57 AM   #3

Colorado
First trip

Got about 600 miles on the Yukon and left rear wheel sheared the lug bolts off and came off taking the side of t the side of the trailer. Right rear had 2sheared studs. Not a good start for Dutchmen

Dutchmen.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:46 PM   #4

Texas
Bought a 400RL on Halloween. We bought it because it is a great layout and nicely done. First time out and find out that the shower is plumbed backwards. Cold is hot and hot is cold. Also find the same with gray and black water tanks. Pull the handle to dump the black water, and gray comes out and vice versa.
Nice quality control.
SE1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #5

Colorado
Update, The dealer fixed the axle and seems ok. No more problems with it. The trailer has been back at the dealer going on 9 weeks now. The front of the kitchen slide is being repaired for the 3rd time. The rear of the trailer wasn't properly attached to the frame and was moving causing exterior damage. In for the second time trying to get this repaired. The bed slide has gouged the floor and waiting to be repaired and a list of many other minor items. We have had to cut 3 trips short and havent had use of the trailer most of the time since we bought it. I just hope this is our last time at the dealer and they can finally get it all repaired properly.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:12 PM   #6

California
That really stinks @WRHenry12
Old 12-26-2020, 03:36 PM   #7

Florida
Sorry to hear about all of the issues with both of you. The best advice I can give is the PDI checklists that are on this website. Once you leave, it takes forever for service.

Again, sorry to hear about your issues. Hope you get them fixed and get back on the road to enjoy!

Frank
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #8

Texas
My issues are minor, just need to remember. I am going to relabel the handles so I dont forget
SE1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:15 AM   #9

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE1096 View Post
My issues are minor, just need to remember. I am going to relabel the handles so I dont forget

You should be able to pretty easily remove the faucets from the wall and disconnect and reconnect supply lines correctly.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:15 PM   #10

Washington
Kitchen Drawer Waste Baskets Identification

Hey fellow Yukoners! I take possession of my 399ML next week. I found a used 2021 for a great price (Story is; original owner had the unit delivered to their storage, delivery company damaged the unit and didn't disclose, owners found the damage and returned it and filed lawsuit).
Give me a couple weeks and will post good and bad, hopefully all good
The unit is missing the kitchen waste baskets or bedroom hamper bins, does anyone have these on their units and can take a picture of the basket label so I can replace them? I see them on YouTube walk-thru's but cannot identify them.
Thanks in advance!
cj8ersam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:03 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj8ersam63 View Post
Hey fellow Yukoners! I take possession of my 399ML next week. I found a used 2021 for a great price (Story is; original owner had the unit delivered to their storage, delivery company damaged the unit and didn't disclose, owners found the damage and returned it and filed lawsuit).
Give me a couple weeks and will post good and bad, hopefully all good
The unit is missing the kitchen waste baskets or bedroom hamper bins, does anyone have these on their units and can take a picture of the basket label so I can replace them? I see them on YouTube walk-thru's but cannot identify them.
Thanks in advance!
Make sure you do a comprehensive pre-delivery check on the unit. ‘Nuff said?
Old 04-22-2021, 08:22 PM   #12

Washington
Thank you for the advice Frank!
What did you encounter with your purchase? You sound pretty disgruntled.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:09 PM   #13

Florida
Not disgruntled but savvy! My first two RV’ s were Dutchmen and both were great. The second one, the 2016, developed a soft floor doe to failure of the materials the floor is made of (board covered foam) then after the disaster here in Florida on November 11th, the RV was totaled and we ending up buying a Solitude.

I’ve been on this site for a long time and know about the issues and how to prevent them...there are LOADS of very savvy people here and everyone would recommend a very thorough PDI. As a matter of fact, several here have developed PDI checklists (do a search) developed for folks like you in order to guard against the pitfalls some of us have encountered.

Once you pick your new RV up from the dealership, you pretty much fall into the realm of waiting in line for service which takes your RV out of commission
Old 05-05-2021, 08:31 PM   #14

Washington
Ive been in the 399ML 1-week now, the PDI only brought to light one item which they fixed right away (Thanks Frank!). The Tech was very helpful and honest. First night I brought it home was a hail storm, but the Yukon survived with no damage. Others in the park were not as lucky. The only thing I would mention at this point is the trim is put on with nail gun a little to hard. My first trip I had molding coming loose in various places. Purchased a cheap cordless gun and am fixing them as they come loose. Everything else seems to be holding up. I still do not have an answer to the waste basket dilemma and would greatly appreciate any help with the identification of the correct one! Thanks!
Old 08-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #15

Louisiana
Hello fellow Yukon Owner. I have had my 399ML now for 7 months. My wife and I are really enjoying the layout, window view and kitchen area. I had some minor issues to include the black/grey water valves were backwards (Swapped labels), some trim issues (Glue and small nail gun repair), bypassed the black tank check valve which leaked and installed a external valve that I could access, installed 3rd AC in the rear, moved the slide out tray to the front section to allow access to control wires etc.. Overall very satisfied at this time. I a list mile long on the past Coachmen and Salem Trailers.
Dchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:25 PM   #16

Washington
Been 5-months now, so here is a update:
Bedroom slide would get damp during wind/rain combo, could not find exactly where it was coming in. Put a level on the slide and it was perfectly level, I expected a slight lean away from the trailer. Put a slide topper on and have not had any problems in rain.
Found a leak on the bathroom faucet fitting, was only finger tight. Cleaned, plumber tape and tightened properly. Decided to check all the trailer connections, all were finger tight, went thru all of them like I did the leaky one.
Pump check valve failed, was woke up at 3am to water splatter outside from the fresh water tank over flow vent. When I replaced the valve, also put in a shut-off valve in case it fails again.
Other than these items, trailer is doing great! Love the floorplan!
Old 08-09-2022, 06:38 PM   #17

Florida
Nothing but issues

Issues.
Purchase date Nov 6,2021 -
2021 Yukon Dutchman 400RL
- [ ] Nov 2021-Toilet leaking destroyed floor They said it was not a covered issue and refused to repair. We contacted attorney general office once they were involved things started to move forward and the repair was started on March 18,2022 still waiting for the vinyl flooring to be replaced
- [ ] Kitchen sink took four different technicians to come out to finally get that leak to stop
- [ ] Bedroom slide has been leaking since March initial repair was March 18,
Continues to leak brought it in again on June 23rd they said it was fixed
July 6 technician repaired the leak
- [ ] The water pump went out and needed to be replaced 6-20-22
- [ ] Bathroom ceiling exhaust fan is leaking, this was replaced on July 6
- [ ] Aug 10 scheduled to replace vinyl flooring in up stairs
- [ ] July 28th large window over love seat shattered, they came out and put plastic over it, on August 5 the plastic came off and glass was everywhere, I called and they said they couldn’t get out til next day to patch again. currently waiting for part to come in
- [ ] Slide wheels are coming through the plywood under the bed
Rvlife2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:39 PM   #18

Texas
Make sure you check the rear end just put mine in for service, the tool boxes at rear are junk
Shawn1366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:41 PM   #19

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlife2021 View Post
Issues.
Purchase date Nov 6,2021 -
2021 Yukon Dutchman 400RL
- [ ] Nov 2021-Toilet leaking destroyed floor They said it was not a covered issue and refused to repair. We contacted attorney general office once they were involved things started to move forward and the repair was started on March 18,2022 still waiting for the vinyl flooring to be replaced
- [ ] Kitchen sink took four different technicians to come out to finally get that leak to stop
- [ ] Bedroom slide has been leaking since March initial repair was March 18,
Continues to leak brought it in again on June 23rd they said it was fixed
July 6 technician repaired the leak
- [ ] The water pump went out and needed to be replaced 6-20-22
- [ ] Bathroom ceiling exhaust fan is leaking, this was replaced on July 6
- [ ] Aug 10 scheduled to replace vinyl flooring in up stairs
- [ ] July 28th large window over love seat shattered, they came out and put plastic over it, on August 5 the plastic came off and glass was everywhere, I called and they said they couldn’t get out til next day to patch again. currently waiting for part to come in
- [ ] Slide wheels are coming through the plywood under the bed
Having the same issues with the rear of my 400rl
Shawn1366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 03:05 PM   #20

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlife2021 View Post
issues.
Purchase date nov 6,2021 -
2021 yukon dutchman 400rl
- [ ] nov 2021-toilet leaking destroyed floor they said it was not a covered issue and refused to repair. We contacted attorney general office once they were involved things started to move forward and the repair was started on march 18,2022 still waiting for the vinyl flooring to be replaced
- [ ] kitchen sink took four different technicians to come out to finally get that leak to stop
- [ ] bedroom slide has been leaking since march initial repair was march 18,
continues to leak brought it in again on june 23rd they said it was fixed
july 6 technician repaired the leak
- [ ] the water pump went out and needed to be replaced 6-20-22
- [ ] bathroom ceiling exhaust fan is leaking, this was replaced on july 6
- [ ] aug 10 scheduled to replace vinyl flooring in up stairs
- [ ] july 28th large window over love seat shattered, they came out and put plastic over it, on august 5 the plastic came off and glass was everywhere, i called and they said they couldn’t get out til next day to patch again. Currently waiting for part to come in
- [ ] slide wheels are coming through the plywood under the bed

yikes!

« Hello! | Hello All! »