Wife and I are SOB owners, don't hold it against us - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #1

Michigan
Cool Wife and I are SOB owners, don't hold it against us

Hi all, just a quick howdy. My wife and I currently own a Big Horn 3670RL BUT we are thinking about going to the Infinity 3750FL. Looking forward to hearing input from all comers regarding the Infinity brand, mods, problems, what to look out for and most of all the 3750FL owners, both past and present and the pros and cons about the unit.

Thank you
Rick and Debbie Galant
Millington, Mi

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Your not the only SOB owners, except we went from a Big Horn to Voltage. Even worked the Heartland Owners club at Hershey Pa last year.Sorry can't help with the Infinity.

Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #3

Indiana
Forgive my ignorance. What is an SOB owner?

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #4

British Columbia
Dave.....S ome O ther B rand..... No it's not the "other "sob....ya my brain went to the "other" ..but I don't think the Forum folks would allow it.

PS to all the folks on the forum..my sincere appologizes for my " smoke " joke....I have been told!!

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #5

New Mexico
We so far have been pretty happy with our unit. I am going to add a second AC unit as the front gets very hot even when its just in the 80's. Mostly minor things that either fixed itself (convection oven) or I fixed it. The only issue that's unresolved is the front shwintec slide does not go all the way in on one side of it. It sits about a half inch or so so the seal doesn't compress all the way, perhaps a half inch or so and since we full time I will take it in prior to the warranty expiring. Its a 2012 model that was at close out so the price was very good (I think) We looked hard at the Montana model and it was nice but the only advantage we saw was the second door, if this unit had that or 'pocket' doors where possible it would be perfect. I don't know if its possible to convert to a pocket door or make the bedroom door swing into the bedroom vs the bathroom as both doors do now. It nice because you don't have to worry about the doors getting damaged when the slides go in but for us the bathroom gets to be a pain with the doors.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #6

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Dave.....S ome O ther B rand..... No it's not the "other "sob....ya my brain went to the "other" ..but I don't think the Forum folks would allow it.

PS to all the folks on the forum..my sincere appologizes for my " smoke " joke....I have been told!!

Coops
Coops,

Thanks for the explanation. My head was in the other version.

No apologies needed for me.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #7

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dutchman..
alethaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #8

Ohio
I m an sob in my club it is starcraft but I have a Dutchmen in fact 90% of or club started as starcraft but as quality got bad and the people had enough of the crap with the starcraft choice we started buying everything cougar Dutchman tdada out back jayco starcraft class a motor home Aruba pop up Springdale fifth wheel
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #9

Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Coops
Did I fall asleep and miss something?

Dave.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #10

British Columbia
Dave....Nope you didn't fall asleep.....The Forum Administor deleted a joke I put on the forum...I thought the joke content was a PG 14 rating...Route 66 thought it was X rated.
So I appologized if the joke content offended anyone on the forum...it is not my intention to do so ....

No big deal...life is way too short to sweat it.....I like to laugh and enjoy life...even at my own expense

Take care .. Let me know if you want my bottle of "No Doze" so won't fall asleep...... I usually take 2 of those with a shot of prune juice in the morning.

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #11

Saskatchewan
Yeah, I saw that in the Moderator forum. You very. very bad man. (Seinfeld reference... )
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #12

Michigan
Hi Rick,
Welcome to the group, we went from the Hartlland Cyclone to the Dutchmen Voltage and were SOBs at the last MI Hartland Rally.
Hope to see you at the Dutchmen Rally in June.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #13

Michigan
Thanks for the invite Dave. We are thinking about it. Looking at the infinity 3750fl. I am just a little concerned about a. the tires they use, the springs and a few other items.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #14

Michigan
crossbow fired

Well we are going to do it. Hoping we wont be sorry. We are trading in our 2010 Big Horn 3670RL and will be buying a INFINITY 3750FL. We are really liking the layout of the INFINITY and are looking forward to moving in and making it our new home (for 6 months of the year anyway.) in Rockport Texas.

I will be looking for ideas, mods, etc from fellow member of the Dutchmen owners club. Also, please let us know of things we should really be on the lookout for with this unit.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #15

Michigan
Congrats on the Infinity, Ginny & I also really like the floor plan.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #16

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
Well we are going to do it. Hoping we wont be sorry. We are trading in our 2010 Big Horn 3670RL and will be buying a INFINITY 3750FL. We are really liking the layout of the INFINITY and are looking forward to moving in and making it our new home (for 6 months of the year anyway.) in Rockport Texas.

I will be looking for ideas, mods, etc from fellow member of the Dutchmen owners club. Also, please let us know of things we should really be on the lookout for with this unit.
Rick, Debbie, & Ted E. Bear, too.

Apparently, if you haven't pulled the trigger yet, you will be. It sounds like you've made up your mind.

You will no longer be an S.O.B., at least on this forum.

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy, your new rig .

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 04-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #17

Hope you enjoy being a Dutchman owner...I looked at the Infinity 3750FL as well...feels more like a home.. love the layout of that plan...but John didn't want to give up the toy hauler...Let us know when you make the trip to Rockport..we love that area..would be great to meet other Dutchman owners...Safe Travels

2013 Voltage 3795
2010 Dodge Ram Diesel 3500
alethaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #18

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alethaj View Post
Hope you enjoy being a Dutchman owner...I looked at the Infinity 3750FL as well...feels more like a home.. love the layout of that plan...but John didn't want to give up the toy hauler...Let us know when you make the trip to Rockport..we love that area..would be great to meet other Dutchman owners...Safe Travels

2013 Voltage 3795
2010 Dodge Ram Diesel 3500
Debbie and I usually leave about the middle of October for Rockport/Fulton. This will be our 6th season at Woody Acres. I can see why you enjoy the area. Guess that is why we keep going back there. It is rather chilly up here right now. Sure hope it warms up by next week. That is when we pick up our winter home.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #19

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
Rick, Debbie, & Ted E. Bear, too.

Apparently, if you haven't pulled the trigger yet, you will be. It sounds like you've made up your mind.

You will no longer be an S.O.B., at least on this forum.

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy, your new rig .
It is done pulled. we do the pdi and sign the papers on tuesday the 30th.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 AM   #20

New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
It is done pulled. we do the pdi and sign the papers on tuesday the 30th.
congrats on the new trailer! we went from a cyclone TH to this and aside from some minor things its been a great floor plan for us and for us it was a great deal and I look forward to your thoughts on your trailer.

72mach is offline   Reply With Quote