Thor 2000 25QB Dutchman Wire Harness - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #1

Arizona
Thor 2000 25QB Dutchman Wire Harness

Hello,

I just found my fifth wheel trailer wire harness ripped itself out of the junction box located behind the tongue located under the sleeper of the trailer. It looks straight forward to reconnect most of the wires but I want to be safe about it. Can anyone tell me the functions of the wires by the color code. What would really be helpful is a wire diagram or schematic. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Richard

rchrdinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #2

Michigan
7 way trailer plug wire colors

Where they say yellow is auxiliary, yellow on mine is the center pin which is the reverse lights on mine.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #3

Arizona
Hi Don,
Thanks for the tip. I've reconnected the harness and all of the light work great. I even have power to the brakes. However, there is one glitch. When I press on the brakes, my Hayes Gemini brake controller displays OC for open circuit. According to the manual the controller does not see the trailer brakes. Although, when I press on the brakes the trailer brakes lock up. Anyone ever here of this symptom. I am assuming a bad ground but so far have not been able to find it.
Cheers,
Richard
rchrdinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:55 PM   #4

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdinaz View Post
Hi Don,
Thanks for the tip. I've reconnected the harness and all of the light work great. I even have power to the brakes. However, there is one glitch. When I press on the brakes, my Hayes Gemini brake controller displays OC for open circuit. According to the manual the controller does not see the trailer brakes. Although, when I press on the brakes the trailer brakes lock up. Anyone ever here of this symptom. I am assuming a bad ground but so far have not been able to find it.
Cheers,
Richard
Look again at the wiring. Notice that the diagram that was provided has an error, i.e. there are TWO "pin 2's" This is critical because the stop signal to the brake light is a full 12 volts, (both right and left) and a full 12 volts will lock up the electric brakes. The proper signal from the brake controller is a variable voltage (between zero and 12 v) that only goes to the electric brakes. That is the signal that should go to the brakes, not a lamp signal. Here's a better drawing:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7-way diagram.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1954  
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wire harness electrical