This camping stuff is awesome! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #1

New York
This camping stuff is awesome!

Howdy all, my wife and I just bought our first camper in May, so far having a great time with it. I have posted for some help in another section of the forum and have gotten a lot of good advice and ideas already. I have been enjoying and looking forward to the weekends we have had planned to hit the road. Currently my 89 year old grandmother lives with us, how surprised she was when we showed up in the driveway with the camper. We told her we were hittin the road but only under the condition that she went along. So far we have made four trips around the area, when she knows we are going for the weekend she starts packing a week ahead. I am really excited to see where our camper takes us next. I truly enjoy reading all of your comments and stories. Happy Camping!

mictin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #2

Georgia
Me and my wife just bought our camper in June and we are in the same boat, we love it. Congrats and happy camping

Old 07-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #3

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mictin2 View Post
Currently my 89 year old grandmother lives with us, how surprised she was when we showed up in the driveway with the camper. We told her we were hittin the road but only under the condition that she went along. So far we have made four trips around the area, when she knows we are going for the weekend she starts packing a week ahead.
Great for you! American camping was at it's heyday right after WWII, and has re-surged many times. More than likely, she knows the drill and the thrill!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote