Shoping for a Voltgage 3990 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #1

Texas
Shoping for a Voltgage 3990

I am new to the forum and in the market for a Voltage 3990. My local dealer does not have one and I really don't want to wait 2+ months to order one from them. I have found tons of them online but the best price is from Dutchmen RV Express. Just wondering if anyone has done business with them and how was the experience?

Casey-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:40 AM   #2

Virginia
That's who I had ordered mine from. I had actually a enjoyable, pain free experience. I see your in Texas, where would you be picking it up at. That's where the experience may change.

Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #3

Texas
I haven't decided yet. I may go pick it up just to make sure everything is good. This will be my third fifth wheel and I do most of my own repairs but after reading the forum I am a little nervous just to have it delivered to TX.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 AM   #4

Virginia
If you go pick it up in Elkhart. You will be picking it up at Jayco Rv express. Seemed like good folks. In making your deal if you do. Read the info and time on the PDI. They really don't set up enough time for that. Something if I were to do over would work at changing. Really, it is richardsons RV in California that has RV express, if you where curious. What has me wondering, you don't want to wait, but, I may be wrong, but you'd be still ordering one. I thought maybe you had found one they had built already
Old 05-09-2014, 03:06 AM   #5

Texas
Thanks for the info!! They actually have two in stock that would work, I am assuming at their location in Elkhart. I was curious about how it's all tied together.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:08 AM   #6

Texas
The lady I spoke to was extremely knowledgable about the Voltage. I have been to several dealers in TX and I learned more from her in five minutes over the phone than all the dealerships combined.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:24 AM   #7

Virginia
Hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #8

Arkansas
How did it go? Would you recommend RV Express?

I am in the process of purchasing a Voltage 3970. RV Express has the best price of anyone that I have spoken to. (They are throwing the Epic IV package in for "free".) How did the transaction with RV Express go? Would you recommend them? Have you had any warranty work performed, and if so, did you encounter any problems. I have had Dutchmen dealers refuse warranty work on mine in the past, because I did not purchase the unit at their facility.
Chapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapmon View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a Voltage 3970. RV Express has the best price of anyone that I have spoken to. (They are throwing the Epic IV package in for "free".) How did the transaction with RV Express go? Would you recommend them? Have you had any warranty work performed, and if so, did you encounter any problems. I have had Dutchmen dealers refuse warranty work on mine in the past, because I did not purchase the unit at their facility.
Epic IV package for free from the dealer. Most of us would think the package would come from the factory and not a dealer installed item.

Your hauler may already have it and the dealer is blowing smoke or the dealer will add some token item and tell you it's the IV package.

I would be very leary of this dealer perk or I would find out what the IV package contains, check my hauler against that list and then have the dealer list what they are going to do to make that package up.

I've found very little in life free, except for unsoliticed advice
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #10

Arkansas
The Epic IV is just what they are calling the Epic III, now. New year, new name. It is a factory installed item, of course, not dealer installed. However, the dealer is claiming that, for a limited time, it is free. We all know nothing is free. However, they are still about $4000 less than anyone else. A big part of that can be written off to picking it up in Elkhart, instead of a convenient location.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #11

Illinois
Ordered a full-paint 3990 from "Jessica" at RV Express. Best price. Very accommodating. Held off on build date till February for us. E-mails responses to our multitude of questions promptly. Suggested we requested extended walk-thru time (first RV in 30 years!), which she said they will gladly provide. So far so good!
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #12

Arkansas
I didn't receive a response from anyone, so I finally placed an order with Jessica Friday night. Is there a special reason for holding off the build date until February?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #13

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Epic IV package for free from the dealer. Most of us would think the package would come from the factory and not a dealer installed item.

Your hauler may already have it and the dealer is blowing smoke or the dealer will add some token item and tell you it's the IV package.

I would be very leary of this dealer perk or I would find out what the IV package contains, check my hauler against that list and then have the dealer list what they are going to do to make that package up.

I've found very little in life free, except for unsoliticed advice
They took the price off the epic 3 for me. I am sure it was a way of coming off the price with no haggling, but still have not seen a new 14 3895 for less than what I got mine for. Mine was ordered and I too waited for the build date. That was only to maximize my 1 yr warranty as I knew I would not be using it till spring.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:51 PM   #14

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Ordered a full-paint 3990 from "Jessica" at RV Express. Best price. Very accommodating. Held off on build date till February for us. E-mails responses to our multitude of questions promptly. Suggested we requested extended walk-thru time (first RV in 30 years!), which she said they will gladly provide. So far so good!
Waited till 2015 for a couple of reasons; taxes, wife retires in March, and since we live in Chicago and probably won't use it until April or May, no sense in having the warranty run for a unit that is just going to sit in storage. Congratulations. I'm jealous (LOL) I'm curious on how the pick-up goes. Keep me posted.
Rusty
Old 01-28-2015, 12:28 AM   #15

Virginia
Have you looked at Holman RV? I found the best price there when I was shopping. Found local dealer that matched it and saved me a trip. Found out my dealer was more of a hub and I have regretted not going to Holman ever since. They were very responsive, they set you up for an overnight stay before you pull out, on their lot. They want to make sure you are good with everything.
https://www.holmanrv.com/default.asp...ventoryListV18

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #16

Illinois
Didn't check them out, but I'll keep the information on file for warranty work. Thank for the information.
Rusty
Old 01-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #17

Michigan
Holman was great for me on price and sale, but I will say the minute I left, I was a "previous customer" to them. The owner was on site while I was there (he wears a suit with tennis shoes) and was very likeable and accomodating. After the purchase I called back to the Service Advisor with a few questions and got one returned call with all answers being "we'd warranty that out". Several emails went unanswered to him as well. I did get to speak to one technician on one phone call who was very nice and tried to help but wasn't able to in the end.

Bottom line - I got a GREAT deal on my rig by going there and spent alot of time with the technicians asking questions and getting answers, but once the rig was off their lot, I was on my own.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #18

California
Enjoy the 3990... we love ours! just a really functional layout! Wally
Old 02-01-2015, 01:53 AM   #19

New Jersey
they all come with the EPIC-IV package from what Dutchman told me 2 weeks ago so the dealer isnt giving you anything, its standard equipment.

Real Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutchmen rv express, dutchmenrvexpress.com, voltage 3990