Picking Up New Unit - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #1

Illinois
Picking Up New Unit

The date has finally arrived! Picking up our new 3990 Voltage Toy Hauler from Indiana RV Connection in Middlebury Indiana on Monday. Never had a new RV before and almost an idiot when it comes to RV's to begin with. I've been following along on this site for the past two months and have learned so much. Some of you people are so ingenious! I know to take my time on the inspection, but are there any other tips or pointers I should know before I officially take possession? Thanks again for all the insight and get ready for some probably pretty dumb questions over the next few month.
Rusty

lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:51 AM   #2

Oklahoma
I really like this checklist. It is for all kinds of RV's and motorhomes, but it is pretty comprehensive, and you can check things off as the tech explains them, demonstrates them, or you check them out.
RV Inspection Checklist
I used it and took 3 1/2 hours on my walkaround with the service manager. After the PDI, the service manager said they were shorthanded and it would be a few days to get everything taken care of. As I walked back through the shop, the owner asked if I was ready to sign the papers to which I responded "I'll take care of that when all the things on my list are fixed. Give me a call when you're done." 3 hours later, my phone rings, and they say its ready. Sure enough, the service manager and 3 of the mechanics all jumped on it, and everything was in good working order. Bottom line, DO NOT hand over the check until everything is fixed to your satisfaction. If you take it home broken, you will have a broken RV until you fix it yourself, or until your dealer has some spare time to get it in, or you leave it for a month. My dealer has been very good about the water leak, and the furnace/airconditioning problem that I had. Never been in the shop more than 2 days. Good luck, and congratulations.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:25 AM   #3

Missouri
Congratulations on your new Voltage, Icv800!

Thank you for the link to the checklist Macman83, I have been looking for something just like it.
realgoodbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #4

Illinois
Perfect. Thank you again.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #5

Washington
Our dealer allowed us to stay on their lot for the first night. I was sure glad we did as we found numerous items that needed attention. If we had driven it off the lot we wouldn't have noticed the issues until we completed a trip or two. They completed all the repairs the next day. If you stay on the lot, make sure you use the shower in the morning as well....congratulations!

Happiness is an old pickup truck, a good dog and an understanding woman....
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

« 3605 | New to Forum »