picking up my new 2016 voltage 3305 Saturday - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2016, 03:39 PM   #1

Maryland
picking up my new 2016 voltage 3305 Saturday

Very excited on my new purchase. Been doing a lot of reading on several different online sites, getting a few mixed reviews on durability of these units. I'm hoping I made the right choice.
Has anybody ever tried Sealing their slide floors With some kind outdoor deck sealer.

BassinBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #2

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum, Bill.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #3

Maryland
Backed out of purchasing day before only because they had a local RV Show with two Voltage toy haulers sitting side by side. Both of these toy haulers had a tarp like material underneath their slide outs. The one I was planning on buying had just pressed particle board sealed in some kind of black sealant. Now my plan has changed in favor of the new floor design, both were 2016 not sure why they weren't made alike . Anyway supposed to pick up the new unit this Saturday now.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #4

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBill View Post
Backed out of purchasing day before only because they had a local RV Show with two Voltage toy haulers sitting side by side. Both of these toy haulers had a tarp like material underneath their slide outs. The one I was planning on buying had just pressed particle board sealed in some kind of black sealant. Now my plan has changed in favor of the new floor design, both were 2016 not sure why they weren't made alike . Anyway supposed to pick up the new unit this Saturday now.
Hello BassinBill , I bought a 2016 V3305 in FEB. it appears to have the trap stuff under the tip outs. I would be curious as to your purchase price if your willing to tell either here or PM me. I bought mine in SLC, utah. Any question about the unit we can share notes
Helidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:02 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBill View Post
I guess the warranty claims must have been adding up.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
I guess the warranty claims must have been adding up.
And now they are using the tarp stuff to better hide the damage, much cheaper than redesigning to fix it properly.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #7

Maryland
With it being wrapped in tarp material at least has a better-looking drip edge. The only other issue could be if water does get in, there's nowhere to go. I was investigating several slide bottoms on Heartland models they also were made of the same particle board underneath covering material. Scene 1 where a roller damage the floor had a chunk of wood sticking out on a Heartland Edge. Can't be too hard to replace a floor in a few years right.. Cyclones did have a better-looking slide bottom but for $20,000 more can probably upgrade my slides decking over time
Kx450, cr250r, crf50, 400ex ,300ex, trx90 ,yfm 80
Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #8

California
Pasadena MD, just got away from there recently. I was taken for a nasty ride with a dealer in your area when I ordered a V3605 in Feb of 2014. I hope you aren't working with the same dealer, but I suspect you are. Be warned...they make false promises and then turn their backs on you quick and hard.
My wife and I transferred out of MD to SoCal in 2014. Best thing we ever did.

Good luck on your purchase. I hope you get better treatment than I did.
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #9

Maryland
When I was at the dealer shopping they seemed friendly. Soon as you put a deposit down they don't answer your calls, say they're going to call back which never happens. Probably is the same dealer you mentioned above... First thing I did when I got home was ripped any dealer advertising stickers off... I can only imagine how hard it would be to get warranty work.
Looks great in my driveway... Heading out for the weekend in 6 hours or so.

Kx450, cr250r, crf50, 400ex ,300ex, trx90 ,yfm 80