Newbie looking for DIY advice - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2022, 01:19 AM   #1

Maine
Newbie looking for DIY advice

Hello! Owner of a 2015/2016 (?) ASPEN TRAIL 3600QBDS. We are seasonal campers at a campground and we attached a 4 season sunroom onto our rv. Our campground is no longer accepting any 50amp rv’s so if we were to upgrade it’d have to be a 30amp and that just doesn’t agree with our lifestyle. So if I can’t upgrade I’m DIYing!!! I’m looking for any advice, tips, or tricks that you may have to pass along! I’ve been researching this topic for a couple of years now trying to learn from other RV DIYers about what have worked and what has not and what brands or tools to use, this year is the year that I’m finally going to do it! I would like any advice you are willing to pass along!!! What worked? What didn’t work? Brands you used? Tools you used? Painting advice? Furniture or appliances replacement? Door replacement? Flooring advice? I want to rip that carpet out that’s in the bump out and replace it with the same or similar to the existing linoleum flooring, paint the interior with a light color to make the RV brighter but I can’t decide whether to sand the walls first or skip sanding and apply a high quality primer with 2 coats of paint, replace the jacknife sofa with a sleeper sofa from ikea, and replace the dinette with a narrower table & chairs. I’m begging anymore who has done any DIY for these things to please pass along your knowledge to me!!! I want to learn from you

DuchessOfDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 01:49 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessOfDayton View Post
Hello! Owner of a 2015/2016 (?) ASPEN TRAIL 3600QBDS. We are seasonal campers at a campground and we attached a 4 season sunroom onto our rv. Our campground is no longer accepting any 50amp rv’s so if we were to upgrade it’d have to be a 30amp and that just doesn’t agree with our lifestyle. So if I can’t upgrade I’m DIYing!!! I’m looking for any advice, tips, or tricks that you may have to pass along! I’ve been researching this topic for a couple of years now trying to learn from other RV DIYers about what have worked and what has not and what brands or tools to use, this year is the year that I’m finally going to do it! I would like any advice you are willing to pass along!!! What worked? What didn’t work? Brands you used? Tools you used? Painting advice? Furniture or appliances replacement? Door replacement? Flooring advice? I want to rip that carpet out that’s in the bump out and replace it with the same or similar to the existing linoleum flooring, paint the interior with a light color to make the RV brighter but I can’t decide whether to sand the walls first or skip sanding and apply a high quality primer with 2 coats of paint, replace the jacknife sofa with a sleeper sofa from ikea, and replace the dinette with a narrower table & chairs. I’m begging anymore who has done any DIY for these things to please pass along your knowledge to me!!! I want to learn from you
Post some pictures, I’d be interested in seeing what you are working with. Welcome to the forum!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, diy