New Voltage 3970! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #1

Kansas
New Voltage 3970!

Hello!
We are new owners of a 2015 Voltage 3970, having taken delivery of it about two weeks ago from Wades RV Clinic outside of Tulsa. We're happy, thus far, but have some reservations about the storage we've lost in gaining the garage area. The basement on the 3970 is quite a bit smaller than the Cedar Creek 36RE; the bedroom closet is considerably smaller as well. We're working on solutions to the storage issues which are magnified because we're full-timers.

No major problems to report thus far. I can't figure out, though, how to operate the satellite via internal hookups. The only way I've gotten it to work is to feed the coax through the window and plug it directly into the back of the receiver.

Can anyone guide me as to what possible steps I can take to fix this issue?

Thanks so much!

Jerry and Lisa Hooper
2015 Dutchman Voltage 3970 with TrailAir
2011 Ford F350 King Ranch
LWB, DRW, CC, 4X4 Hensley
TS3 trailer saver air hitch

JerryHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #2

Arizona
I did the following in my 2014 3600: Is there a wallplate with two coax outlets and a short piece of coax connecting the two outlets? If so, remove the short coax. Obtain two short pieces of coax. The bottom outlet should be the satellite-in so run a cable from there to the Sat-in on your cable box. The top outlet takes the sat signal to the tv so connect a cable from there to the Sat-out on the receiver. Make sure your tv's are on channel 3 and your tv's are set up for 'air' reception, not 'cable' reception. And make sure the green light is turned off on the nearby wallplate that has a large 12v hole in it. This procedure works on my 2014 Voltage and also worked on a previous 2008 5th wheel.

Your 3970 has a great floor plan! If it had a 2nd bath, I'd be trading my 3600 in a heartbeat.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:38 AM   #3

Colorado
Jerry,

What sort of satellite antenna are to trying to hook up?

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:33 AM   #4

Oregon
Just curious...

We're in the same boat with the satellite situation in our new 3970. I got it to work in the bedroom easy enough but not sure how to go about it for the living room tv.

So if using the inputs in the cupboard that currently have the short coax running between them, where do you run the cables? Is there anywhere to hide them? Also, which input do I plug the satellite into on the outside? We have three out there; garage, bedroom, and outside.
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #5

Arizona
One other thing is I updated both of the cable co-ax splitters to satellite quality, which improved the picture immensely.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:19 AM   #6

Oklahoma
As for your storage, we have purchased several different types of boxes to tie down in the garage for storage. We have even looked at some nice furniture type chest/seating. I can't think why you need more storage than that big garage, as we are doing a remodel of our house living room, and we packed all of our furniture in the garage of our 3905 to store it while we are working. Of course we aren't going to be camping while the house is torn apart, so it works well for the extra secure storage.