New to the Dutchmen Yukon world - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2022, 05:51 PM   #1

Location: Milkyway Galaxy/Sol System/Earth/North American Continent
North Carolina
New to the Dutchmen Yukon world

Hello all,

New owner of a 2022 yukon 421FL.
New to this group as well.
Looking to downsize our life to fit in the trailer as new full-time residents.

We traded in a 2015 heartland northtrail caliber for this unit and so far it looks great.
We have not be able to use it for anything yet as it's still at the dealership 2 months after we bought it.

Issues such as broken wall in master bedroom closet due to screw splitting the wood where they join, oven light does not work, microwave does not work, TV in front cap LR was mounted crooked so it dragged on the upper shelf when pulled out from the wall, water heater element was not present/installed, 2 batteries installed were of two different brands and years apart in manufacture dates, soft spot in hallway floor just next to stairs and shower, roof has inches of give near the front (in the middle) where it does not appear to be bonded to the upper superstructure, none of the fuses or breakers except the main 50amp were labeled, blew a fuse when trying to use two slides at once, blew another fuse when trying to use two awnings at once, the crown molding in the front LR do not line up correctly and there was a gap that clearly shows the molding was cut short and then filled with some caulking and painted, the screws in the right side (passenger side) were coming out of the skirting, the pull out tray that is supposedly rated for 800 pounds became disconnected from the trailer by the screws ripping out of the floor with 100 pounds of weight was put into the tray, the screen door was scratched and the screws were loose where they meet on the frame.

Issues like this should never exist in a camper that costs as much as some houses.
What has happened to good quality control?
Who inspects these units and sees these issues and then says "yep, that's good work"?
To top that off we as consumers are required to pay the dealer a PDI fee and then point out all these issues...

I regret this purchase because of absolute poor quality control and poor dealership experience. In my opinion the dealership should perform all these checks and fixes prior to ever even showing these units to people.

The reason I bought it with all these issues listed here is because a friend of mine who is a certified RV and ASE certified auto mechanic said it was worth it and the fixes are generally cheap and easy. I agreed with him but still think it's the principle that this should never be an experience.

Anyhow, thanks for this forum to not only rant but also to find answers without dealership BS. Guess we are in the struggle together.

-CP-

clpusmc0621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 08:48 PM   #2

Florida
Nothing is cheap and easy on an rv

I feel for your issues and 100% agree with you-welcome to the forum!

Dealers get paid a bunch of money from the mfr to catch all of these kind of things.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 04:20 AM   #3

North Carolina
Thanks Frank. I appreciate the welcome.
My friend I brought along worked at one time for both RV1 and camping world as their lead tech and it was his advice that made me decide to buy this unit. I hope I don't have a lot of issues and if I do I'll be calling him to fix it.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:45 AM   #4

New York
I am new to this forum. Welcome to the new members of this group.
SophieGmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:51 PM   #5

Florida
Hello Sophie and welcome. Tell us about yourself and, if you are real, could you narrow your location down a bit and not be like clpusm who’s an alien living in North Carolina , and don’t be afraid to post and share some pics.

Frank
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:49 AM   #6

North Carolina
Lol Alien.
I wish I could say I live on Mars.
But, alas, I do really enjoy privacy in our over-connected hyper-invasive world which we now reside in.