New to the Dutchmen community - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2022, 01:29 AM   #1

South Dakota
New to the Dutchmen community

Hey everyone,
Just thought I would jump in and see what everyone is saying about their Dutchmen RV. We just traded our 2019 Keystone Bullet 261RBS for a 2022 Dutchmen Yukon. I am just a little frustrated with the quality of this rig. For the amount of money we spent on it I should not have to be fixing things only days after taking it off the dealership lot. What the Bullet had for features and the Yukon has is very dissapointing. I did not have an inspection done and I am regretting it already. I thought this would be my last rig but I am seriously thinking already that this will not be around very long!

Gabbyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbyoldman View Post
Hey everyone,
Just thought I would jump in and see what everyone is saying about their Dutchmen RV. We just traded our 2019 Keystone Bullet 261RBS for a 2022 Dutchmen Yukon. I am just a little frustrated with the quality of this rig. For the amount of money we spent on it I should not have to be fixing things only days after taking it off the dealership lot. What the Bullet had for features and the Yukon has is very dissapointing. I did not have an inspection done and I am regretting it already. I thought this would be my last rig but I am seriously thinking already that this will not be around very long!

Well, I sympathize with your issues first off... welcome to the forum and you are welcome to discuss your issues with the rv...

Let us know if we can help!

Frank

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:11 PM   #3

South Dakota
Thanks Frank, As the days go by I may settle down a bit. Working on getting my money for an air unit that I paid for back. The sales guy actually called me this morning!
Gabbyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:26 AM   #4

Montana
I researched and KNEW I would be getting a quality problem irrespective by purchasing in 2021. I traded a 2017 single axle BH Aspen Trail for a 27 foot single slide BH with private bedroom (2340). The 2017 had zero problems, very lucky unto itself.

I bought the new one KNOWING I would be leaving it at the dealership at the end of the summer and it has been there since October... One last thing to fix as they cannot repair the floor (Linoleum/Paper) and will need to replace it. Apparently a screw backed out under the pantry/dinette and ripped the floor up when I brought the slide in. I told them I needed it by April they think they will make it.

So, I'm getting exactly what I expected. Not happy, but once it is all fixed, I should be good to go. All core systems and overall structure are sound... I did get a road armor suspension fix (I drive dirt/Nat Forest roads) and did some minor fixes myself and put a door behind the sink so I could access all the storage there. Will likely get rid of the trail king tires and go for the Good Year Assurance ones this year, but when countries are invading each other in Europe, who knows...
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:53 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbyoldman View Post
Hey everyone,
Sorry to hear your trade was a painful experience, what is the things you had to fix on your new tt?
I'm not expressed with any new vehicles, tt, motorcycles, etc.
I have a 2003 gmc Sierra that pulls a 2017 Kodiak, both have served me very well, plus the insurance is less.
Happy Trails, PJ
trucking is offline   Reply With Quote