New to the Dutchmen brand. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #1

California
New to the Dutchmen brand.

Hello all. We've been towing travel trailers for 25+ years but just purchased a 2019 Triton 3551. It's got 2250 watts of solar and a GoPower whole house 3000 watt inverter with 550 amp hours of lithium batteries and soft starters on the A/C units. We cant wait to get out and use it. Pulling it with a 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually with max tow and a Pullrite Superlite single point hitch. I'm already a member of RV.net, Jayco owners and Forest River owners forums. We had our last TT for 14 years and just sold it for $500 more than we paid for it. The market is crazy but it helps that housing is in real high demand around Nor Cal. Nice to meet you all and I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way.

Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:55 PM   #2

Wisconsin
Welcome to the discussions!

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:28 PM   #3

California
Had a great first trip in our new to us Triton 3551. I'm definitely not used to being this spoiled but what a joy to never have to worry about power consumption/conservation. I went to bed with the batteries at 51% SOC because I had fully charged my golf cart that evening. The furnace fan was cycling through the night and the fridge was running off the inverter. Temp was in the mid 40's so fridge didn't need to run much but I had my Keurig set to heat up at 5:00 am. When I left the trailer at 6:15 am I turned off the Keurig and left for work at 46% SOC. When my wife returned to the trailer at 1:30 pm it was fully charged. October solar charging mid day was 55a with flat panels.

A week before that I was running one of the A/C units off the inverter while I was fixing some little things inside. I ran it for a little more than an hour and got down to about 61% SOC. The inverter/charger charges the lithiums at 120 amps under shore power/generator so running the generator topped off the batteries in just under 30 minutes.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote