New to Rv - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2014, 03:21 AM   #1

North Carolina
New to Rv

We just purchased a 2003 Dutchmen express! We have no owners manual. Need help with the basics? There are no labels on any switches just want to make sure we know what we. Are doing before we hit the road . Also, we had a Leak tonight, drivers seat overhead bunk area water was dripping from the bunk? Strange it wasn't roof leak, looked like it came from the cab area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thompson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:41 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson14 View Post
We just purchased a 2003 Dutchmen express! We have no owners manual. Need help with the basics? There are no labels on any switches just want to make sure we know what we. Are doing before we hit the road . Also, we had a Leak tonight, drivers seat overhead bunk area water was dripping from the bunk? Strange it wasn't roof leak, looked like it came from the cab area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum.

If you go to the Dutchmen web site and click the customer service tab, you may be able to find some info on your unit.

Water leaks can be hard to find, the water will take the path of least resistance, so where the water is showing on the inside could be quite a distance from where it is penetrating the skin.
You will want to take a look at any seams on the roof and sides. Next look at anything that has been attached to the skin, any thing that has been attached with screws is a candidate.

Good luck in finding the leak.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #3

Florida
Welcome from So.FL.

Bob & Hanna
2014 Aspen Trail 2060RBS/2010 F-150 5.4L
Port Saint Lucie, FL
BobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #4

Maryland
Hi,
Thanks for the help hddecker!
I too had this question as well. I did some searching and it seems Dutchman website has pulled older manuals after 2005 off. I did find many of the operating units (ac/refrigerator/generator) manuals in the listing, so anything is better than nothing at all and a huge help along the way!
Does anyone else has any ideas where we can go to grab that owners manual?
Brownie Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie Family View Post
Hi,
I too had this question as well. I did some searching and it seems Dutchman website has pulled older manuals after 2005 off. I did find many of the operating units (ac/refrigerator/generator) manuals in the listing, so anything is better than nothing at all and a huge help along the way!
The manuals are pretty generic. I would get the one that is closest to your current trailer and go with it. Things like converters, furnaces and water systems haven't changed much in the past 40 years. Most of the manuals have the caveat "if your trailer is so equipped" so you get to figure out if it applies to your unit or not.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie Family View Post
Hi,
Have you tried searching the web, I remember coming across a site that had at lot of old manuals on it. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it and I can't recall if the manuals where free or you had to pay for them.

As Aaron said, the manuals are generic and they don't give you the detailed information that I would like to see, like wiring diagrams, etc. The most important stuff are the manuals for the appliances and they are available at the appliance manufacturers web site.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #7

Nevada
Is this it?Customer Service Dutchmen RV

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:46 AM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydo View Post
That's not the site that I had found the users manuals in, I've come across another one.

MANUALFOX - Your personal search agent [C]

They have manuals for just about anything.