new to forum Aspen Trail 2780RLS - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #1

Pennsylvania
new to forum Aspen Trail 2780RLS

Hello my fellow Dutchmen owners,
Glad to be part of the group and excited to put this new trailer to use. But first the 1 issue I am facing
I have a 2016 Aspen Trail 2780RLS that was brought home a month ago (this is our 2ND trailer, first one was bought used as a learning tool). Thought everything was good to go after the PDI (replaced circuit board for furnace, everything else functioned) however an issue has come up. It appears as though the thermostat (Dometic digital) is not sending a signal to start the furnace. The A/C and fan modes work as they should but when furnace is selected the A/C fan just continues to run. There is no clicking sound to change from fan to furnace.
I will get the model number of the thermostat and furnace tonight but I feel as though after reading through a ton of posts that the issue may be the digital thermostat itself.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it would be much easier to just fix myself or order a new part (if not major) rather then take the trailer back to the dealer 2 hours away.

Thanks for any insight and happy camping.

Rich

richtdu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #2

Florida
Welcome to the forum.

You did have the gas turned on??? If so, the gas line may have some air. Typically, when furnace is selected, the fan should come on for about 15 seconds and then the igniter will attempt to light the gas. If not successful for usually three attempts, it shuts down.
Have someone open the furnace door and listen for the igniter when you select furnace.
If the igniter is working, then you have a gas problem.
If not, you could have a bad thermostat or circuit board. If you didn't check the furnace during the PDI, then you may have a loose wire.
Please report back when you have the problem solved.

Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #3

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know of you have seen this thread, but it seems to be the answer when this topic comes up.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...nning-499.html

Your furnace may have gone into lockout mode if it hasn't fired. I can't remember the exact sequence to get it out of lockout mode, but you should be able to find it in you manual.

Good luck in tracking it down.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
May need to do a reset on the thermostat. If you post a picture or the make and model number we can probably scare up a manual for you if you don't have one.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #5

Pennsylvania
I appreciate all of the responses. It was my fault on the PDI, when we were getting started on the furnace something was messed up so they replaced the circuit board while we reviewed other things. Once we got done with everything else my son was getting impatient and I forgot to go back and check.
I am fairly certain it is not a gas problem, yet, as I cant even get the thermostat to change from a/c to engage the furnace. Forgot the model numbers at home but the below link looks to be the same one
Robot Check

The only owners manual we didn't get was the one for the thermostat of course.
Thanks again for the help and responses. Will report back once progress is made

Rich
Old 04-27-2016, 01:04 AM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Rich,

I think this is the manual that covers your thermostat. This is the one for my Concord, I do have a heat pump, but other than that I think it is basically the same thermostat.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Thank you Aaron, this appears to have what I need to at least get to the next step.
I should add that this is an awesome trailer, they all have their quirks at some point but I think Dutchmen did a really nice job with the design, layout, and finish. Cant wait to hit the road in a few weeks.

Thanks again for the help and I will report back with results.

Rich
Old 04-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Thanks everyone for all of the help. After all of the frustration the problem was the switch on the furnace itself, backward labeling. All is good and we are up and running.

Rich
Old 04-28-2016, 02:26 PM   #9

British Columbia
Wouldn't that frost your backside.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote