new to forum - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #1

West Virginia
new to forum

Hello all, just joined and have found lots of use full info. It's just the wife and I so it's just right. All the kids are older and sometimes it is the grandchildren. We just bought a 1995 Dutchman 26 low profile. It's in great cond. and pulls like a dream. We always had motorhomes before, but this is far nicer and less costly on fuel! Right now I am using a 1997 Chevy k1500 to pull and it did great. Went up the WV hills losing on 5-6 miles a hr. on the interstate. Now on the the backroads it did great but kind of needed a little more on 1 hill, but it was about 2 miles long with 25-30 mile a hr. turns, so I couldn't keep the speed or torque up. Overall very happy for right now.

wvkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #2

South Carolina
Congratulations on your TT and finding the forum. A few years ago, the wife and I went to New Martinsville from Orangeburg, SC and back for our son's wedding. On the way up, we used the backroads using a similar set-up: a K1500 Chevy pulling a Pioneer 24' TT. Despite the numerous switchbacks, being able to touch the roadway from the window, etc., we had a great trip that we may never have a reason to do again. Welcome to the campfire!
Mole is offline   Reply With Quote