New Owners - Coleman LT CTS16QB - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #21

South Carolina
I first retired from the AF in 94, i.e. 21 yrs ago. But I was recalled to active duty (to Shaw AFB) from 09-11. So it's only been 4 yrs since I left! All of SC state parks (that is, the ones with campsites) are nice. Water, elec, dump tank. But this last week we met family at a gorgeous RV resort on Hilton Head. Pricey, but very nice. Check it out: Hilton Head Harbor and RV Resort and Marina

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #22
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalm_in_NJ View Post
Thanks.

Hey on a side note, I read on here somewhere that you were in the military and you're from S.C. so you'd appreciate this even from a "Yankee". :-)

I was just talking to an engineer where I work and it turns out he was active duty Navy like me and we both served at the *same* pier in the Charleston Navy Base. He was there early 70's and I was there late 70's. We were aboard 2 different ships but directly across the same pier on the base. Small world...

We were talking about how scary the old Cooper River bridge (2 lanes, 1 in each direction) was to drive over. Played chicken with a lot of big trucks on that rickity old bridge. It was especially scary going under in our ships. It always seemed like the mast was going to hit.

Hard to believe the base and bridge are gone now. And even harder to realize that was almost 40 years ago!

So my wife and I loved living there and think often about going back to SC. Besides palmetto bugs and sudden rain squalls I remember how much I liked getting away from Sprull Avenue and exploring the state. Any good campgrounds left down there?

Ken
Ken,
The base is still there, just being repurposed. I do a couple of projects a year down there. Interesting tidbit; a lot of the television show Army Wives was filmed on the base there. Other interesting bit of useless information... my sister lived in Tillman Homes right outside the main gates. That was right after they were taken over by a private company, renovated and rented out to folks. We used to tease her about trying to catch a sailor from the base.

Small World indeed!

The SC state parks are some of the nicest ones around, NC runs a close second.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:26 PM   #23

North Carolina
New addition

Hello everyone. New to this blog and looking for cool new upgrades for our Coleman 16FBS. We just bought this beast 3 weeks ago and took her out on her maiden voyage this weekend. So far very pleased with the quality of the TT. Little concerned about the side wall AC, it been pretty hot here and I didn't see a lot of condensation. Just small drips down the outside of the camper. (Nothing on the inside thankfully). Is this normal? Or could it be leaking inside the wall? Also thinking about some outside speakers to run off the inside radio. Any suggestion? What about awning lights? Lastly, is it safe to mount a receiver on the rear trailer bumper to haul a couple kids bikes? I have searched the Web to find a weight capacity but no one seems to know that answer. Even customer care at Duchman was no help. If anyone else has any ideas on economically friendly upgrades for this camper, I'd love to hear about then. Thanks
Bryan
Firemedic1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:42 AM   #24

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemedic1717 View Post
Hello everyone. New to this blog and looking for cool new upgrades for our Coleman 16FBS. We just bought this beast 3 weeks ago and took her out on her maiden voyage this weekend. So far very pleased with the quality of the TT. Little concerned about the side wall AC, it been pretty hot here and I didn't see a lot of condensation. Just small drips down the outside of the camper. (Nothing on the inside thankfully). Is this normal? Or could it be leaking inside the wall? Bryan
On our CTS14FD, we had a problem with sidewall AC dripping down the inside of the TT wall. Check out his thread, where I told my whole story and added pictures. My own mod was still on the TT when I traded it in. The dealer said, he'll "keep it like that." Best of luck! http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...rain-1883.html
Old 07-26-2015, 01:53 AM   #25

North Carolina
Marty thanks for the info. I will deft be contacting the dealer. This thing is only a few weeks old so everything should be covered under warranty.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #26
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Hello everyone. New to this blog and looking for cool new upgrades for our Coleman 16FBS. We just bought this beast 3 weeks ago and took her out on her maiden voyage this weekend. So far very pleased with the quality of the TT. Little concerned about the side wall AC, it been pretty hot here and I didn't see a lot of condensation. Just small drips down the outside of the camper. (Nothing on the inside thankfully). Is this normal? Or could it be leaking inside the wall? Also thinking about some outside speakers to run off the inside radio. Any suggestion? What about awning lights? Lastly, is it safe to mount a receiver on the rear trailer bumper to haul a couple kids bikes? I have searched the Web to find a weight capacity but no one seems to know that answer. Even customer care at Duchman was no help. If anyone else has any ideas on economically friendly upgrades for this camper, I'd love to hear about then. Thanks
Bryan
Hi Bryan!

Here is a link to my mod thread. Mine is out of warranty so I can do anything I want now. I am putting an LED light strip under the awning, then pulling a feed wire inside to some switches I have installed. They make a bike rack that will fit on the spare tire, but I don't know if you want to add that much weight to these little trailers or not. They have a cargo capacity of ~700#. The tires are the weakest component in the weight department. I am going to upgrading mine to Maxxis S8008 Load Range D.

Quote:
Marty thanks for the info. I will deft be contacting the dealer. This thing is only a few weeks old so everything should be covered under warranty.
I will have pictures of the A/C assembly shortly. Mine started leaking through the siding joints again. Time to tear it down and make sure it is fixed properly. I had mine fixed by the dealer once, but I am not impressed with their work.

Aaron
Old 07-27-2015, 03:08 AM   #27

North Carolina
Aaron
I'm very curious to see your AC pics. I'm worried my AC isn't draining right . It is dripping out the bottom on the outside but its just not as much as i was expecting. Its been really hot and humid here and i had it turned up full bast just to see. I'm afraid its dripping inside the wall. Honestly I'm just hesitant to cut through the sealer to investigate and there be nothing wrong with it haha.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:14 AM   #28

South Carolina
During hot, humid weather, it was common (after my fix) to see about one drip per second.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:33 AM   #29

North Carolina
Yeah it was no where near that. I think i need to just take it back to the dealer and let them look at it. It seems like this is a common problem and something they should be familiar with. Thanks for all the info.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:40 AM   #30

South Carolina
Quote:
Yeah it was no where near that. I think i need to just take it back to the dealer and let them look at it. It seems like this is a common problem and something they should be familiar with. Thanks for all the info.
Hope you have better luck with your dealer than I did. I first noticed this when parked on a level concrete pad at an Army place. I noticed dripping, not only from the AC, but also at the rear wheel well edge, and also at the very rear corner. So water was definitely making it through the wall. They searched all the water plumbing, even pumped the pressure up to about 80psi. They just plain would not believe me. My pictures and videos show differently. Sorry the video didn't upload. PM me with your email and I'll email you the videos. Short, about 10 seconds each.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #31
Site Team

North Carolina
Bryan,

You "might" be okay on the AC. You live in a much drier area than Marty and I do. But it won't hurt to check. It has been a relatively low humidity weekend here in the Coastal Plains of NC and the AC has been dripping out the bottom about once every 2-3 seconds. When I was in Charleston/St. John's Island last week it was just about a steady stream from multiple locations.

It is probably going to be a couple of weeks before I get to mine.

Aaron
Old 07-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #32

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Bryan,

You "might" be okay on the AC. You live in a much drier area than Marty and I do. But it won't hurt to check. It has been a relatively low humidity weekend here in the Coastal Plains of NC and the AC has been dripping out the bottom about once every 2-3 seconds. When I was in Charleston/St. John's Island last week it was just about a steady stream from multiple locations.

It is probably going to be a couple of weeks before I get to mine.

Aaron
Aaron,
I can't remember if I ever got back to you and Marty on our 16QB sidewall AC but it does appear to be working correctly. Knock on wood...

When we took it out in extreme humidity (88%) a few weeks ago the AC dripped a steady stream of water down over the refrigerator vents. Kinda sloppy if you ask me but working is working I guess.

Ken
High-Energy JRT (Jack Russell Terrier)
kalm_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 PM   #33
Site Team

North Carolina
Ya.. mine is running over the fridge vents too. If you put the trailer a bit nose down is moves the drips further forward. I am going to reconfigure the pan in mine so it drains more to the front and center of the shroud. Need to order a new shroud, the old one is cracked. Looks like ABS plastic which ain't the strongest stuff around.

Aaron