New owners - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #1

New owners

My wife and I are new owners of a 2013 Kodiak 279RBSL. We are heading out to central PA for the weekend for our maiden trip. Can't wait!

msdevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #2

Wyoming
Re: New owners

Good luck and have fun!

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #3

California

Welcome, msdevery! Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #4

Saskatchewan

Welcome, and enjoy the trip!
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #5

Hope the rain missed you, or that you had fun even if it didn't.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #6

Congratulations on your new camper. We just purchased a 2013 Aerolite Shuttle and took our maiden trip labor day weekend. Hope you had a good weekend I know we did. This is the first travel trailer that we have owned. You mentioned going to central Pa, where do you go? I am from Pa also and we always camp in state parks.

Deb and Jim
Pa
redfun n jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #7

New York

Enjoy your trip!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #8

on your new Trailer & welcome to the Forum. Good luck with the first trip

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #9

Hi my name is Matt I bought a 1995 Areolite 21RHB travel trailer don't have a manual and someone started work on it and left it.
So, trying to find where the battery was. They redid the floor but not the roof, so it leaked so back to the drawing board.
I hope everyone I meet can make this an easy process. I'm disabled so I have to depend on my son to do it, so I have to relay it to him, so easy is good.
I hope to make good friends her cause I plan on traveling as many places as I can so maybe I meet some too thank you.
stoncold17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Community Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold17
Hi my name is Matt I bought a 1995 Areolite 21RHB travel trailer don't have a manual and someone started work on it and left it.
So, trying to find where the battery was. They redid the floor but not the roof, so it leaked so back to the drawing board.
I hope everyone I meet can make this an easy process. I'm disabled so I have to depend on my son to do it, so I have to relay it to him, so easy is good.
I hope to make good friends her cause I plan on traveling as many places as I can so maybe I meet some too thank you.

Matt, Click here.
eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfun n jimbo
Congratulations on your new camper. We just purchased a 2013 Aerolite Shuttle and took our maiden trip labor day weekend. Hope you had a good weekend I know we did. This is the first travel trailer that we have owned. You mentioned going to central Pa, where do you go? I am from Pa also and we always camp in state parks.

Deb and Jim
Pa
We stayed at Colonel Denning State Park, just west of Harrisburg. We planned this trip at the last minute and tried to get a park close to home with electricity. Colonel Denning was the closest to us. It was a nice little park.

Mike
msdevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #12

Washington
279rbsl

I was wondering how you are liking your 279RBSL. I am seriously considering buying one next year as my first RV and plan to full-time in it some day. Would you recommend that?
Mr Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
Red

British Columbia
Buying a 2013 Kodiak 263RLS Travel Trailer This Week!

I am a new member from Chemainus, BC Canada and can't wait to have my new Kodiak delivered hopefully by the end of the week!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #14

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
I was wondering how you are liking your 279RBSL. I am seriously considering buying one next year as my first RV and plan to full-time in it some day. Would you recommend that?
I just purchased a 279RBSL in July and we love it! Dont know how it would hold up as a full timer as we havent had it long enough to test it's durability. It seems well built. Good luck on whatever choice you make!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #15
Red

British Columbia
Any suggestions for skirting a kodiak travel trailer

Does anyone know what the easiest and most cost effective way to skirt my Kodiak travel trailer? I'm not worried about the skirting being insulated I just need some sort of skirt for insurance purposes so they know that my unit will be stationary. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks Red
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #16

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Does anyone know what the easiest and most cost effective way to skirt my Kodiak travel trailer? I'm not worried about the skirting being insulated I just need some sort of skirt for insurance purposes so they know that my unit will be stationary. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks Red
Hey Red, I like the Doggles.

I trust you want to put a hard wall skirt that is more or less permanent.

Once you have set the Kodiak up on the site, sink some pier blocks around the perimeter ( use the ones that have the hole in the middle so you can pin the frame work with rebar).

Then build a 2X4 frame, drill a hole in the bottom plate at each pier block and drop in piece of rebar to each block to keep the frame in place. Then cover with your choice of sheeting, plywood, wood vinyl or metal siding.

If the site is dirt, I spread a layer of gravel before setting up the TT. This will help keep anything that you store under the unit out of the dirt.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #17

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
If the site is dirt, I spread a layer of gravel before setting up the TT. This will help keep anything that you store under the unit out of the dirt.

Put plastic down first then some sort of gravel or have a cement pad poured - you don't want all that ground moisture rotting the frame of the trailer!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
Red

British Columbia
Hi hddecker glad you like the doggles they are great aren't they. And a big thank you for your skirting idea that sounds like it may be a really good way for me to go! I do need something that will look permanent but can be removed fairly easily for whenever I do need to move my trailer in the future. I was living in a camper van and this is my very first travel trailer so I'm a bit of a "rookie" so any kind of input is very much appreciated, Red
Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
Red

British Columbia
Thank you Nana and Poppy, for your great idea about the plastic for a vapor barrier I will definitely do that also, Red
Old 08-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #20

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hi hddecker glad you like the doggles they are great aren't they. And a big thank you for your skirting idea that sounds like it may be a really good way for me to go! I do need something that will look permanent but can be removed fairly easily for whenever I do need to move my trailer in the future. I was living in a camper van and this is my very first travel trailer so I'm a bit of a "rookie" so any kind of input is very much appreciated, Red
My girls like to pose in their ATV boxes, when they have their doggles on. Like they are saying hey look at me I'm cool.

Forgot to mention you will want to put some cross brcing from one side to the other, as you will want it to be a fiction fit. If you are going to make the skirting removable, I suggest that you build it in sections that will fit in the box of your truck.

Glad Nana and Poppy brought up the vapour barrier. You really need it on the wet coast.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote