New owners - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
Red

British Columbia
Ha, Ha your doggie's do sound pretty cool. And thanks for the advice on the cross bracing and yes I was thinking of building the panels in sections too, good plan.
If you don't mind I may pick your brain again if I'm running into problems or have more questions, Red

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #22

New York
Red, picking brains is part of a great forum.....and I must admit, this is a great forum!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #23

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Ha, Ha your doggie's do sound pretty cool. And thanks for the advice on the cross bracing and yes I was thinking of building the panels in sections too, good plan.
If you don't mind I may pick your brain again if I'm running into problems or have more questions, Red
You bet.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #24

Florida
New member, Coleman TT, GW Bush Hog here!

New member and Coleman travel trailer, 'GW' here! Hello, everyone! I just found a new family, a couple of rookie wannabe RVers who are having a hard time figuring me out. They're trying to locate my owners manual. Can you help them out with where a manual might be found or some background information about me? I believe I'm made by Dutchmen, model 'Dutchmen Coleman 2012 CTE184' (expandable or hybrid TT). This little bit of info took a while to find out! My owners are having one heck of a time finding much background information on me...even the dealer that sold me seems clueless.

2nd question: Does anyone ever rally, or just get together here in the southeast? The 'tear drop' campers do it up real nice with their annual rally up Indiana way each fall.

I know my new owners are glad to find you folks and looking forward to some good times together. They talk a lot about celebrating something called 'empty nest'. Thank you for your help!
GW Bush Hog
GWBushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #25

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBushhog View Post
New member and Coleman travel trailer, 'GW' here! Hello, everyone! I just found a new family, a couple of rookie wannabe RVers who are having a hard time figuring me out. They're trying to locate my owners manual. Can you help them out with where a manual might be found or some background information about me? I believe I'm made by Dutchmen, model 'Dutchmen Coleman 2012 CTE184' (expandable or hybrid TT). This little bit of info took a while to find out! My owners are having one heck of a time finding much background information on me...even the dealer that sold me seems clueless.

2nd question: Does anyone ever rally, or just get together here in the southeast? The 'tear drop' campers do it up real nice with their annual rally up Indiana way each fall.

I know my new owners are glad to find you folks and looking forward to some good times together. They talk a lot about celebrating something called 'empty nest'. Thank you for your help!
GW Bush Hog
Very neat poswt GW. Just make sure your new owners done use any petro based cleaners. No dish soap either. Oh and make sure you get an "ems" protector . pROGRESSIVE MAKES A GOOD ONE.

oH AND WELCOME TO THE WAGON TRAIN. lOAD EM UP AND MOVE EM OUT. YEEEHAWWWWW.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #26

Florida
Whereyaabouts in Texas?

Thank you for the welcome and tips (but what do ya mean by EMS?)

We've never been to Michigan and plan to tour around that nice lake you have next summer for our silver anniversary, Lord willin'.

Where in Texas do ya hang your hat? We moved to Florida from Texas back in 1990. Lived both in central TX and far west where there was once a border. Still have family all around those parts.
'GW' likes it there!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #27

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBushhog View Post

GW Bush Hog
Welcome to the club.

Try the dutchmen web site, they have a lot of manuals in the customer service tab.

I sure that what ever questions you come up with, someone here will be able to assist with.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #28

Florida
Thank you kindly. Did speak with 'warranty service dept.' about newly purchased, pre-owned Coleman CTE184 hybrid trailer. He assured us that the 3 or 4 recalls notices found on-line did not apply to our VIN #'s last 6 digits. Since the recall notices we came across were somewhat concerning (just fire potential with faulty fuses and circuit breakers, asphysiation (sp?) due to missing furnace ducting, and mislabeling with overloading and possible crashing of unit, that's all!), I sought assurance that computer information for our VIN id was reliable. The gentlemen replied, "information is only as good as people putting it in". Anyone know about 2011-2012 recalls with Dutchmen? Thank you for sharing!