New Owners: 1993 Dutchman 26FL Classic - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #1

Minnesota
Talking New Owners: 1993 Dutchman 26FL Classic

Hello,

Our family just purchased our first camper trailer. It is in excellent condition, and was lovingly cared for. We purchased it four days ago, and drove it straight from the lot to the camp site we picked. I love this. It's quiet here, very little traffic from the others staying here, and only one cell phone has any coverage. I am actually sending this using my phone for data.

This being our first venture into camping in a trailer we are still new to this, and learning a lot. We have meet many friendly people who are more than willing to offer help. (Especially with a noob trying to backup a 26+ foot trailer for the first time) We are realizing that we have to modify what we need and think we need. We also are trying to figure out the best way to pack and store our "stuff". We have five people and that's a lot of clothing and other items.

We have noticed one issue and I don't know if anyone has heard of this before. Our Norcold refrigerator when we tried to run it off propane seemed to work for about 30 seconds to a minute then there was a "Wosh" sound kind of like when you are igniting a grill was heard and a flash of flames came from under the fridge. Well needless to say we are back to running it off electric, but my wife and daughters are afraid of it. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks and safe journeys.

Georgec75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #2

California
I wouldn't run it on gas until you get that checked out.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:17 AM   #3

Missouri
Welcome and congrats on your new trailer. The propane on the fridge runs a small flame to heat the absorber. This should be able to be seen by removing the lower panel outside. You should be able to see and hear the flame. My first thought is to have your propane system checked out. Your hoses are now 20+ years old. You don't want to start a great thing with a terrible disaster. Also, make sure your propane detector is in working order.

I hope everything else is working normal!! Just remember, there is always going to something when RV'ing...

Happy Trails!

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote