New Owner- Rubicon 2600 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #1

Florida
New Owner- Rubicon 2600

Hey guys, my g/f and I are excited about our new-to-us '12 Rubicon 2600 toy hauler. I have been into dirt biking and four wheeling my whole life, and used to primitive camp. Now, we are both into the UTV stuff (RZR XP 1000 Highlifter), and decided it was time to take the next step and enjoy long weekend trips with the buggy. My buddy recently bought a new Rubicon 1905 and one night stay in it with them lead us to buying ours. It is in very nice shape, but I do have a few questions;

I am going to buy a propane quick connect home to run a grill outside, looking at the Camco 57282. After searching I believe this hose will fit the trailer's quick connect?

Also, the trailer did not come with a quick connect hose for the outside shower/rinse station. This is a cold water only setup with a quick connect that I will use for rinsing down the grill, buggy, waders, etc. I noticed it is a different female fitting than the larger hose quick connections I have. Can anyone tell me what type of fitting I need, or maybe post a picture?

This is our first TT, so any other tips or suggestions for starting out would be greatly appreciated!

strubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Welcome to the Rubicon family,
Yep that is the same lpg line I bought and it works fine. 10 foot is alittle short but works for me. I can put the grill right by the entry steps. Oh I have the 2600 a little smaller than yours. Oops I forgot what your other question was. Ok I also bought the spayer hose from the dealer its that same on on Amazon I believe. It has a special type of connector. It's called a spray port hose.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #3

New York
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-SA-HOS...pray+port+hose

here is a link to the spray port hose BUT I would go back to the dealer and ask for it......you should have gotten one!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Kathy,
You rock with info. I just saw this post and saw no one answered him so I decided to try. I just ordered a shurflo water pump I lost mine the other day. This has been an expensive winter with freezing problems. I believe my impeller on the original pump just broke but I decided to just buy a brand I know of.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #5

New York
Thanks Jim - just doing what so many others do here - help!!!

I belong(still do) to the Sunline Camping forum before selling our 2499 (worst mistake of our lives) and buying a Dutchman (worser (lol) mistake of our lives) - the Sunline Forum is just like this one - everyone willing to help and not bashing!!!!

Thanks for trying to help strubby!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
Thanks Jim - just doing what so many others do here - help!!!

I belong(still do) to the Sunline Camping forum before selling our 2499 (worst mistake of our lives) and buying a Dutchman (worser (lol) mistake of our lives) - the Sunline Forum is just like this one - everyone willing to help and not bashing!!!!

Thanks for trying to help strubby!
I tried to buy a couple of used Sunline campers before I ended up with the Coleman. Sunline had always been my preferred brand of conventional travel trailer. There were not too many dealers in my part of NC for them though, so used units were few and far between. Last two I looked at getting, one was in very poor condition and way over priced, the other sold before I could make an appointment to see it.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiejim View Post
Kathy,
You rock with info. I just saw this post and saw no one answered him so I decided to try. I just ordered a shurflo water pump I lost mine the other day. This has been an expensive winter with freezing problems. I believe my impeller on the original pump just broke but I decided to just buy a brand I know of.
Jim, the RV demand doesn't have an impeller to pump water. Most have a three chamber diaphragm system. The nose or diaphragm section of the pump may have frozen and broke. There are kits with replacement parts for the pumps so you could repair the OEM pump and have a spare.

I used several brands over the years in my solar house so I have three of four spare pumps just in case.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Hey Thanks Sundowner,
I wish I would have done more homework. I just got my new pump today. Started to remove the old pump. Just wanted to make sure about my power connections so I turned on the pump to test with multimeter. The old one started up and it is working fine. I guess it just did not like it's shurflo replacement and decided it wanted to stay alittle longer. So now I have a brand new replacement part. Figures. More winter weather on the horizon and more freezing to go. At least I know now how to prepare better, with heater placement to keep things from freezing up when at work.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiejim View Post
Hey Thanks Sundowner,
I wish I would have done more homework. I just got my new pump today. Started to remove the old pump. Just wanted to make sure about my power connections so I turned on the pump to test with multimeter. The old one started up and it is working fine. I guess it just did not like it's shurflo replacement and decided it wanted to stay alittle longer. So now I have a brand new replacement part. Figures. More winter weather on the horizon and more freezing to go. At least I know now how to prepare better, with heater placement to keep things from freezing up when at work.
I had a pump failure down south, 300 miles from the border so I tore it apart. Thing wouldn't cycle on for me so upon inspection I found an ant squished between the contacts keeping the pump from starting.
I found it funny because I've know refrigerator techs to replace starter relays (back in the old days they were mechanicall relays) when all the problem was a bug of some kind had been caught between the relay contacts.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote