New member, second RV - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #1

Texas
New member, second RV

Hello forum, I'm glad to be a member here, thanks for putting together this site!.

My name is Jeff Dozier from Austin, TX. My wife and I borrowed my Dads 5'th wheel after we first got married and were hooked!. We bouht our first RV, a 39' triple axle 1999 Hitchiker Champaign. We quickly found it had water damage and sold it and got a new 2012 Dutchman Komfort 3230 FRK. We love it and have had it for about a year, although it spent about 8 months of that year at the RV dealership waiting in line and being fixed for several things wrong under warranty.

I joined because of a problem that I couldnt find any posts for so I'll post it here first and maybe I'll find a better place to post it later. Here goes:

I have a 2012 Komfort 3230FRK with 2 AC units. The unit that has a vent into the bedroom had locked up and was replaced by a new unit as Crestview RV in Buda, TX. That one works for about a day but after continued use will start to blow hot air and continue to do so until I let it rest for a day. That happens whether or not the vent is directly down or routed to the bedroom through the ducting. The Crestview RV technician say that they have kept it overnight and there is nothing wrong with it so I'm hoping to get some insight on this Forum as to how to proceed to get this brand new AC unit looked at and repaired when the RV tech's claim no error. I have done a search on the forums for AC errors but this problem did not come up. Any suggestions? Thank you, Jeff Dozier

Dozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #2

California
Welcome to the forum. First RV a 39' triple axle you jumped in BIG for a first RV. 30 years ago wife & I started out with a tent trailer. As far as the A/C problem goes we had one that would freeze-up. Problem was fixed by just not having it to max cold. We just need to go to max cold & then just back the knob up just a bit. Worked everytime after that.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #3

Texas
Thanks DesertRat.

I should have said on my post that i was keeping my thermostat set at 79, but the problem is that the thermostat is in the bedroom and the main AC is not. There are ducts that route the air into the bedroom but the airflow is at a very minimum that it never cools the bedroom down. It works better opening the main vents and letting the bedroom cool down indirectly when the rest of the RV cools down. Maybe my problem is that the thermostat never gets down below 79, I'll try setting it to 83 or so and see if the unit will ever shut down.
Dozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #4

Washington
Take it to the dealer and run it till it quits. Or get it to quit before you take it there. But if you've been around mechanical things long enough you know they never fail when the mechanic is around.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
But if you've been around mechanical things long enough you know they never fail when the mechanic is around.
Being a mechanic for 40+ years I've been on both ends of that problem. Customers unit wouldn't fail when we had it. Mine wouldn't fail when I took it in.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #6

Washington
Ain't that the truth...