New Member Hello - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #1

Florida
New Member Hello

I've just traded in my 2005 Denali 30RL for a 2016 Denali 325 and will pick it up on Tuesday. I'm a very experienced travel trailer camper having camped in 26 states and Canada. I'm retired and live in South Florida.

Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:23 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
I've just traded in my 2005 Denali 30RL for a 2016 Denali 325 and will pick it up on Tuesday. I'm a very experienced travel trailer camper having camped in 26 states and Canada. I'm retired and live in South Florida.
Welcome.

How long have you be retired? I'm coming up to 12 years and it's the job I've ever had.

How far west have you been in Canada?

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #3

Illinois
Hello Handyman. Retired 9 years now. First year RV'ing quasi-full time. Wintering in West Palm just down the road from you (John Prince Campground). Come on down for a trial run and we'll have a "soda".
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #4

Nevada
Welcome Handyman, Also retired, going on 7 years, been Rving for 20 years, now that I'm retired, I have to catch up with you guys, only been to west side of Canada and 14 states so far....
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:32 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
Welcome Handyman, Also retired, going on 7 years, been Rving for 20 years, now that I'm retired, I have to catch up with you guys, only been to west side of Canada and 14 states so far....
Thanks RVNevada. Just returned from you fine state about a month ago but no camping. We spent about a week in Vegas.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Hello Handyman. Retired 9 years now. First year RV'ing quasi-full time. Wintering in West Palm just down the road from you (John Prince Campground). Come on down for a trial run and we'll have a "soda".
Rusty
We make take you up on that offer. I play poker at the Kennel Club some but mostly at the card room here in Ft. Pierce.

We pick the unit up on Tuesday but will not be able to go anywhere for about a week due to company coming in on the same day.

We've planned our first trip down to Jonathan Dickenson but we may leave there and come on down your way. We'll keep you informed.

BTW. We were long time bikers and just sold our EGlide a couple of years ago. Of all the toys I've owned in my life, I miss it the most but it was time for me to come off two wheels and I have no desire to get on three wheels.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Welcome.

How long have you be retired? I'm coming up to 12 years and it's the job I've ever had.

How far west have you been in Canada?
I've been retired since 99.

I've been as far west as Flin Flon Manitoba but that was many years ago and not in a camper.

In 99, we entered Canada at Niagara Falls and followed the St. Lawrence River up to Riviere-Du-Loup and reentered the states in northern Maine. We were in your great country for about 6 weeks.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
We make take you up on that offer. I play poker at the Kennel Club some but mostly at the card room here in Ft. Pierce.

We pick the unit up on Tuesday but will not be able to go anywhere for about a week due to company coming in on the same day.

We've planned our first trip down to Jonathan Dickenson but we may leave there and come on down your way. We'll keep you informed.

BTW. We were long time bikers and just sold our EGlide a couple of years ago. Of all the toys I've owned in my life, I miss it the most but it was time for me to come off two wheels and I have no desire to get on three wheels.
There's three wheels, then there's sidecars.

I was getting a little uneasy while my trick knee, so I decided a side car was an OK option.

My dealer was an old time racer (he ran on the beach at Daytona back in the forties) and happened to be the Canadian distributor for HD. I went on a few rides where he brought his Eglide/sidecar, I was happy the day I could copy his signature move.

He would slowly move his bike over to the edge of the road, just before the sidecar dropped off the road, he would get the SC wheel off the ground an inch or so. Once he had the sidecar hanging out over to shoulder he would dropped the wheel back down.

It was hilarious when he had a passenger that wasn't expecting it.

I can hold the wheel up, but I'll leave the passenger thing to him. If I killed myself that would be one thing, but I wouldn't be prepared to live with the other result.

One of my riding buddies has Parkinsons and he says the only thing he misses is his bike.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:48 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
I've been retired since 99.

I've been as far west as Flin Flon Manitoba but that was many years ago and not in a camper.

In 99, we entered Canada at Niagara Falls and followed the St. Lawrence River up to Riviere-Du-Loup and reentered the states in northern Maine. We were in your great country for about 6 weeks.
I've missed the middle provinces SK and MB, a couple of the maritime provinces and one territory.

We've managed 30 of the lower 48, looking forward to getting another 10 or so next year. God willing and our dollar surviving.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:51 AM   #10

Illinois
Drop me a line Handyman if you get in the area. rusty800@gmail.com I've ridden this bike in 49 states, Mexico, eight provinces, and two territories. Don't ride as much over the past year or two. If I ever get rid of it, the wife is "bus bound".
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote