New Member & Owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

Virginia
New Member & Owner

We have just bought a 2016 Aspen Trail 2750 BHS,[/FONT] and of course there is very little information about it. but we are pretty sure you guys might be the fountain of all knowledge that we should seek.

We "Caravanned" - towing a travel trailer in the UK is known as caravanning i.e travel trailer = caravan - for many years but the units are smaller and not nearly as well equipped. Although I have to say some of the fifth wheel set-ups would simply not be allowed in the UK as the pick-up trucks do not look as if they belong together (huge fifth wheeler on not so big pick-up ).

Hope to get the trailer out of the dealer this weekend or next and start adding some miles to it.

Gordonm3zto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #2

Nevada
Gordon: The biggest thing I can say is try everything out before you even take it off the Dealer Lot....After they show you things, try it yourself to make sure it works...it takes longer, but after the sale, they want you gone, and if you find something broken after, it may take a long time to get it back in for repairs... We all have had things go wrong after, but you don't want to start right after you get it home....I am on my 5th RV in over 25 years, Love most of them, but I have found that once the sale is done and your off the lot, its a lot harder to get the repairs done, Don't get me wrong, we all have had broken items.... I Love our Voltage and travel a lot....Welcome and Enjoy

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #3

Illinois
Congratulations and welcome. You are in the right place. I'm a new guy also. The guys on this site have saved me two or three trips to the dealer. No questions are too stupid, although you may be the brunt of a joke or two. Have fun and enjoy.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #4

California
Welcome glad you found us. As stated ask away with any questions you might have. There are many 100's of years of RVing knowledge on this site. I know someone will have the answer you need.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #5

Virginia
Thanks for the welcome guys.

We are not new to the lifestyle just the U.S. way of doing it so we are looking forward to the difference over here compared to the U.K.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:30 PM   #6

Florida
Welcome neighbor and fellow Aspen Trail owner! Nothing but good things to say about our Aspen Trail. Like what was already said check everything prior to delivery, plan on spending the whole day and if you are buying it from the dealer I think you are, take it over to Dairy Queen when you leave and get a Blizzard in celebration, that is what the wife and I did, ha.

Have fun!
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #7

Virginia
Rupert

Nice to know there is a fellow owner nearby, I have been working in Manassas for the past couple of weeks, so even closer LOL. What model do you have and what is its best feature?

Gordon
Old 08-13-2015, 12:55 AM   #8

Florida
We have a 2013 1900RB it is quite a bit smaller than yours. A friend at work has the same model you have and loves it! Have a great time exploring the country in your new Caravan! We are always here to help if you need anything.
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:03 AM   #9

Kansas
Hello Everyone! I just paid off all the bills, cards, and loans! Not going to worry anymore about retirement needs i.e. wheelchairs, walkers, etc. Bought a 09/35ft. Dutchman Denali & 06 Ford F250 to drag it around. Love this 5th wheel, but bought it from a "Distressed Unit" dealer. UGH!
It's a slow process in getting the unit the way it should be. Now, I need to install the (entire process) undercarriage membrane for some late fall/winter camping. Sometimes, Missouri deer season can be pretty cold.

I'm new to this RV Relaxation Business... So, does anyone have any suggestions on the route I should take? Should I take on this experience (with minimum tools & apprentice skills) or should I let the dealer where I bought it, do it for $700.00? Pictures, and instructions would be helpful.

Thanks Much
BigTiki

BigTiki is offline   Reply With Quote