New member and new trailer! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #1

Georgia
New member and new trailer!

SO excited to be back in a trailer. We had a 5th wheel but we sold it about 4 years ago when the Army moved us across country. Since then, we have wanted another but timing was off. My hubs finally retired from the Army last May so we have been looking for over a year. Finally found a trailer we both love - we got the Kodiak 291RESL from RV World of Georgia and this weekend will be our shakedown trip. Have already done quite a few mods before even getting out there and very excited to be camping again!!!

We intend to full-time in a Class A eventually, but since our last child is in high school, we will have to wait 3 more years. Meanwhile, we will enjoy our Kodiak!

Melanie

GeorgiaPeach67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #2

Virginia
Congrat! On the new trailer as well as you husbands retirement. Thanks for the service!

Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #3

Ontario
My wife and and I pick up our 2014 resl in 3 weeks, I'd be interested in the mods you did to it, perhaps I can do them to mine as well. Welcome to the forum.
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #4

Florida
I just got mine back from the shop. Had it one night and was in the shop two months. So I recommend that you by child safety latches on both of your drawers on either side of the rear entertainment area. One of ours came out in transit and you cant get to the rear of the unit when the slides are both in. So we put out one slide and the drawer caught and got ripped to shreds along with the mounting on the slide and so forth. But other than that we love it so far! Such a pretty unit!
SVachon is offline   Reply With Quote