New Member - 1st time RV/TT Owner - Louisiana - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #1

Louisiana
New Member - 1st time RV/TT Owner - Louisiana

Purchased some property in Mississippi as an investment and then thought of buying a TT to put on it until I can get the cabin built.

Found a 2004 Colorado 26FB in immaculate shape that was used a couple of times per month by a mechanic and his wife. They traveled in it about 45 miles one way, docked it for a week/weekend, then traveled back home with it two, sometimes three times a month. The bearings and axles were cared for, the little things added were well thought out, so I bought it. 6200.00 later, I don't want to bring it to Mississippi. I've been cleaning it top to bottom, lubing the jacks/stabilizers, painted the bumper, working on a new battery system with 6v batteries and a new charging system. The front awning is in great shape, but the slide out topper awning, I had to replace. Thank goodness for YouTube. The previous owner u-bolted and welded a two foot extension to the rear bumper to mount an aluminum truck toolbox for keeping his sump hoses and things out of the camper compartments. (I liked that idea) Used Rustoleum Rust Converter after brushing some of the loose rust from the bumpers. Seems to work fine. Made a mistake leaving the vents open and got rain in it, but my buddy bailed me out with a MONSTER commercial dehumidifier. All is good now. I'm enjoying the forum already. Neat place to go for advice/ideas.

Pulling it with a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. I'm impressed with the hitch system.

I pray that all is well and everyone gets to their destinations and back home with no delays, safe, and healthy !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dutchmen Colorado.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	3904  

chasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #2

Florida
Sounds as if you are off to great start. Sounds as if you will be a contributor very soon.

Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #3

Mississippi
Great looking setup! We have been thinking about possibly doing some camping in North, La. we live in North, MS and trying to find some places fairly close by.
Stlrj58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:44 PM   #4

Arizona
Nice rig you have there. I hope you had fun doing the repairs/modifications. To me that's half the fun of ownership.
I'd be a bit concerned about the extra weight on the back end though. It appears that you have quite a bit of trailer behind the axles already even before the addition of the rack in back. You may notice some sway when towing it.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:53 PM   #5

Kentucky
Welcome. Sounds like you are off to a good start.
BarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #6

Louisiana
Thanks y'all. All he kept in the tool box was about 15 pounds of tools and his hoses. I don't plan to keep any more than that either. With the hitch and sway system, the 45 mile trip home with it was solid as a rock. There's about 800# of tongue weight on the 26B, so I don't expect swaying at all. I'm so glad we found this one instead of getting the other one.
chasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:39 PM   #7

Florida
New rig

First thing to do is put on Maxvents on then check all the roof caulk. did it come with a anti sway WDH hitch?

masterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote