New Kodiak owners in Texas - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Texas
New Kodiak owners in Texas

Just wanted to stop in a say hi! My fiance and I just purchased a 2021 Kodiak 28SBH and we're picking it up Friday. I had some concerns about purchasing a new model, but when we looked at it, we fell in love with it. Quad bunk room in the back with one of the lower bunks being a small dinette, residential queen bed in front, 10 cubic foot refrigerator, heated tanks and all well below my Expedition EL's towing capacity.

I'll be sure to post updates on our experience with it as we get it out and use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	6468   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	6469   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper4.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	6470   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	6471  

Race4Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #2

Wisconsin
Welcome

Congratulations on your new purchase.

I recommend you plan to spend a few hours testing absolutely everything at the dealer's lot. Maybe call and arrange to have the TT connected to shore power and city water. Don't make the final payment or sign until absolutely everything has been tested. You will probably have to be insistent. The salesmen doesn't get paid until deal is complete.

Dealer service centers are frequently backlogged by months. You will get priority when the sales department wants to complete a sale. Many a new TT has sat in the dealer's storage area waiting for service openings, then waiting for parts through the first camping season.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #3

Texas
Pretty much what I had planned, I know there can be some quality control issues, and expect to find a few. I'm sure they are not going to be happy with my plan, but better to know now then later..
Race4Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:25 PM   #4

Arizona
sililiar to my setup in the back of my 300, with the bunk, we ended up tearing out the table for a dog cage, and when we stayed at a campground for a couple of month, the bunk fit 4 drawer plastic storage units and we put all our clothes in there.. otherwise there was not enough drawers etc,, but you will discover all the wonders as you do,, good luck and have fun.
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote