New Kodiak Owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2018, 01:37 PM   #1

Florida
New Kodiak Owner

Hello everyone! Picking up our new 2018 Kodiak 233rbsl on Monday. Switching from a zero issue Forest River hybrid to the Kodiak. A little concerned about some of the quality concerns I have read on some of these threads but, have owned enough rv’s to understand they are assembled in a day or two. Did not opt for extended service from dealer as it was outrageously expensive. Was wondering if any of you are familiar with Good Sam extended service contracts. Or can you direct me to a thread covering this topic. Thanks and see you on the road!

Craigmkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the forums. Make sure to do a thorough walk through and make them fix EVERYTHING before you leave the lot.

I think most people on here prefer the XtraRide warranty, seems to be one with the least issues when having to deal with a warranty issue... me? I am "self" insured. If I can't fix it, time to trash it.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Welcome to the forums. Make sure to do a thorough walk through and make them fix EVERYTHING before you leave the lot.

I think most people on here prefer the XtraRide warranty, seems to be one with the least issues when having to deal with a warranty issue... me? I am "self" insured. If I can't fix it, time to trash it.

Aaron
Thanks for responding so quick. Like the self insured plan! Wore tools most of my life so will have that plan in place also. You tube is a great resource also.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #4

Florida
We walked around the RV show here in Tampa this weekend. Got to look at a lot of RV's. Seems like they have started taking more and more shortcuts in building them. I saw one of the manufacturers had a video of how they were built (would be nice if each of them had that). lots of them have china bombs but I noticed the more expensive ones had american made tires. I made sure I purchased the warranty when I bought mine. Already had to use it and the RV was just over a year old (of course, the mfr warranty was out). Congrats on your new RV.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:10 AM   #5

Kentucky
Welcome...
BarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #6

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigmkd View Post
Hello everyone! Picking up our new 2018 Kodiak 233rbsl on Monday. Switching from a zero issue Forest River hybrid to the Kodiak. A little concerned about some of the quality concerns I have read on some of these threads but, have owned enough rv’s to understand they are assembled in a day or two. Did not opt for extended service from dealer as it was outrageously expensive. Was wondering if any of you are familiar with Good Sam extended service contracts. Or can you direct me to a thread covering this topic. Thanks and see you on the road!

I own a 2017 Kodiak 291RESL. Yes I did purchase the extended warranty for piece of mind, Been over a year and haven’t needed to use it. Small concerns self repaired
Good luck hope you enjoy yours as much as I’m enjoying mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #7

Florida
Thanks for all the welcomes! Picked unit up yesterday and fit and finish is pretty good although I had to have them redo gaskets on both sides of the pass through as well as reinstall the WDH L brackets correctly. Funny story when we first looked at the unit, couple weeks ago, I asked the salesman what the strange bracket on the bumper was and he told me it was some kind of bike rack . figured out it was the grill support when I Youtubed Kodiak back home. I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt cause he was new. The incorrect Hitch install bothered me more. Pays to do your homework.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #8

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigmkd View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes! Picked unit up yesterday and fit and finish is pretty good although I had to have them redo gaskets on both sides of the pass through as well as reinstall the WDH L brackets correctly. Funny story when we first looked at the unit, couple weeks ago, I asked the salesman what the strange bracket on the bumper was and he told me it was some kind of bike rack . figured out it was the grill support when I Youtubed Kodiak back home. I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt cause he was new. The incorrect Hitch install bothered me more. Pays to do your homework.

Good luck, enjoy
Any questions I can help you with let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote