New Dutchmen Voltage Owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #1

California
Smile New Dutchmen Voltage Owner

Hi All

Well we ordered a new 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3895 back at the RV Show in Pomona California in October 2012. I was just told its on its way to Southern California. I should be able to take delivery of it this week (can't wait).
We ordered the 3895 with full body paint, Epic 1 and 2 packages and all the other bells and whistles we could get.
Its our 4th trailer that we have purchased over the years but our first Dutchmen product. Hope it was a wise choice. I'm a little concerned with all the problems owners are having with there new coaches ,(been reading this forum and others).
I have a 07 Kodiak to pull this thing.

Wish me Luck on my delivery !!!

waytoogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #2

Welcome! Remember that those with no problems could be out enjoying their rigs and are having too much fun to post. I feel my Dutchmen was a wise choice.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #3

Welcome !! & Congrats on your new Voltage. Keep us posted & dont get to excited & forget the pics... can't wait to see them.

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #4

You will love it. Contrary to some of the talk on other boards even here, its one of the best made. I have only seen one person actually complain about the long list of troubles he has had with a Voltage. The list seemed very extensive so who knows. Compared to others in other forums Voltage owners complain the least so someone is happy.
I know we love ours without regrets. Since we have had it just over 6 months and still going out since the winter in Fla is pretty nice always we have only had very minor issues like a loose screw or the rear slide down screen door would not stay shut. Other than minor issues its been a great unit. My biggest beef is the refrigerator doesn't get cold when in my driveway since the tilt is just a little negative on the ammonia canister. I have to disconnect it from the truck and lower the front about 8 inches or so or basically level. That is a norcold design issue not Voltage. If I could change anything I would love light switches in the walls in the kitchen/den area not just the main panel. It is so inconvenient when returning after dark and fumbling in the panel for a light switch. One switch by the door would have been nice.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #5

California
My trailer did come in to the dealer here in California. I went in to see it and it looks great !!
I am having the dealer install a 2000w inverter and 4 six volt batteries and now I'm checking into getting those Akuret tires replaced with Goodyear G614. My walk through is a week from this Saturday. Any other suggestions before I take delivery?
I will post pics when I get it.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Good we love our Voltage. I just wish the control panel was backlit. I had to have them put in hdmi cables since I use salelitte and I didn't feel comfortable taking down the tv in the living area. We had some very minor issues, but very happy with the unit.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #7

Wisconsin
We love our Voltage! We took delivery last october and our first trip with it was at Christmas and New Years in Florida. We only had an issue with the plumbing for winterizing the kitchen sink. Took it in and our dealer took care of it and a few other minor things we had found during our maiden voyage. I have to agree with everyone on wishing there was a light switch by the door or atleast backlit the panel. Wisconsin winters are long and I am very anxious for camping season to come back around!
FranknDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:16 AM   #8

Oklahoma
Smewhere I saw the plans to add LEDs to the rear of the panel for backlighting. I'll search for it.

Regarding the lack of a light switch, I don't see why one couldn't add a battery operated, remote controlled lamp with the remote transmitter inside the door.

I'll get my 3800 next week and that may be a priorty for me. Both of them.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #9

yes the light is feasible. It would be nice to have it wired up properly though not a jury rig. I saw the backlight for the panel. It looked nice. I am just trying to figure out how much lighting to put behind the panel. Strips, clusters and where to mount them. Once I figure that out I am going to mount a switch on the side near the thermostat to turn on/off that lighting. With a little luck I will be able to mount a side switch, although not a 3 way, and make it work too with regular lighting
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #10

Oklahoma
A manual switch for the back light would be good. A photo resistor circuit would od it for you. Off when it's day time and on automatically at night. The sensitivity could be adjusted accordingly.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #11

Texas
I backlit my switch panel with led strip from pep boys, easy install and helps in the dark. Assorted colors are available, I used white
2011 Ultra Classic
Invstr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Chapter Director

Ohio
Any way you could add some pics
Findlay, Oh.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #13

New York
Invstr55 - yes please post how you did it....many people here would be interested!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #14

Texas
Will be back at RV on Tuesday, will take pics then and post. Only took about 20 minutes to do. Because of all the different switches and wiring it does not come out perfect, probably why Dutchman does not light it up. It is very functional though and much easier to use at night.
2011 Ultra Classic
Invstr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #15

Florida
This is on my husband's short list of initial mods and will be interested in details too.
2015 Dodge 3500 DW Mega Cab
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #16

California
Well we got it. Took delivery on Febuary 2, 2013. The delivery process was pretty basic. We did find some issues and we will hold judgement on Richardson's RV in Menifee, Ca until we see how well they deal with our concerns.
We really like the floorplan and looks of the full body paint. It's a real head turner !
We stayed in it for a week a found a few more warrany issues. Time will tell how they take care of them. For now waiting for dealer to order and receive parts and call us for repairs to be performed.

Check out the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our New Voltage Trailer 240.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Our New Voltage Trailer 251.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Our New Voltage Trailer 267.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	268  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #17
Chapter Director

Ohio
Looks great. Congrats!
Findlay, Oh.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #18

British Columbia
Thumbs up

Congrats.......nice deck..where did you hide the hot tub?

Very nice trailer

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #19

Michigan
Could you please let me know what problems you had, We just ordered the same thing and would like to know what to look for. I would love to see more pictures if you could.
DWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #20

Michigan
WaytooGood does the underbelly look like it is sealed well? is the cover plastic or metal.
We order the 3895 fully loaded except the Generator, I want to put in a diesel Generator and a espair diesel fuel heater, I can then fill both tanks with diesel fuel and also have an emergency supply of fuel for the truck. I was a little upset with the dealer Friday we had placed the order last Friday and they still have not sent it to the factory.

DWeb is offline   Reply With Quote