New Dutchman voltage 3551 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2020, 10:30 PM   #1

Texas
New Dutchman voltage 3551

We picked this replacement for our Forest River RR 26 up two weeks ago and have been camping once with it. The only problem is that he never cold
refrigerator is just what it says, never cold. The freezer works great but the fridge doesn't hardly work. I'm taking it in after a second camping trip dropping it off at a Norcold RV repair center.

Other than that it is pretty much a great trailer we really enjoy having two bathrooms and a king bed and lots and lots of room for guests to sleep whenever need be one other minor issue is that the only Master light switch to turn on all the lights when you come up the front steps is inside the control panel so I'm going to have to put a switch on the outside cabinets so that you can hit that when you come up the steps.

Happy to be part of the Forum thanks everybody.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200905_164337.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	6479Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200823_200815.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	6480

hognuts1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:24 AM   #2

California
Have you tried to run the fridge completely empty overnight? They are big fridges that take a while to cool down and the freezer cools first then the fridge. Also, I always try to put items in the fridge that are already cool as room temperature stuff can also heat up the fridge too.

Also, during the day it will heat up— even more so on a hot day and even worse when you open and close it during the day.

In my case it was a combination of an obstructed fan and too much empty space above the fridge that allowed hot air to stay in the cabinet. If you pull the top vent off the back there should be no more than like a quarter inch gap above the fridge. If more then get some fire proof insulation above it to help the air cycle up and out behind the fridge. Unfortunately, the slide out fridges don’t circulate air real well and create a ton of heat that is bad.

So I would say try running it empty overnight and if cold in the morning then maybe some of the above helps. If not cold by morning then you might have some cooling unit problems. But I will say in my experience (for what that is worth [emoji3]) the freezer is working then the fridge will follow but it can take a while to get there.

Good luck.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:32 AM   #3

Florida
A small fridge fan help circulation and cool faster.

Something like this
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:35 AM   #4

Texas
Taking to RV repair facility on Monday. It work fine on LP for both Freezer and fridge.

Only freezer working on AC
Old 09-24-2020, 12:32 AM   #5

Washington
If the refrigerator compartment has a thermal switch, troubleshoot that.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:44 PM   #6

Texas
The RV repair facility bypassed the exterior fans thermal switch so fans run all the time, but failed to notice only one fan works. I called Norcold and they said they were sending a new cooling unit. The RV place never told me that. I bought a new replacement fan and installed myself. Works ok, but I'm thinking they should still install the new cooling unit when it arrives. Once it's out of warranty they will say "oh well"!