New Denali 311 bh owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

Indiana
Cool New Denali 311 bh owner

Hello everybody, We just brought home our brand new 2013 Denali 311 BH. We are a family of four (girls 6 &12) who have been camping for years in a 1972 31 foot Airstream. While we loved our Airstream it was just not set up for a family of four to be in every other weekend from April to November. The choice to sell was not easy as it was my grandparents Airstream and the trailer that I started camping in as a child. When my wife and I went and looked at some newer trailers we liked some of the features and the biggest plus was going to be not having to make up a bed into a couch just to eat breakfast. Living in Elkhart In. we have practically every manufacturer in the Rv industry represented here, so we looked at a lot of trailers. The day we went to the Denali dealer they had no heat and a fresh six inch layer of snow to trudge through to get to trailers. When we got inside the 311 bh it just felt like it was the one. We had a few other manufactures that we wanted to see and from that point they all were compared to the Denali. Sitting at home with a stack of brochures and the wonderful "go to" website called youtube (where you can find every make and model for sale with walk through video and some funny sales people) the comparisons began and they all were compared to the Denali again. So the morning the new buyers from Edmond Oklahoma showed up to pick up the Airstrem we got them set up and off we ran to the Rv show in South Bend to see just one more (we had not seen the White Hawks from Jayco yet). We met with the Denali salesman who we dealt with weeks earlier and again went through the 311 bh. We strolled through all the bunk house trailers there and again all were put up against the Denali. My wife asked "why are we sitting here talking about that one lets go sit in it instead?" We went back to the Denali and sat with Pat the sales guy for a while and finally decided to tell him to sign us up for this one. We came to terms on a price and the extras we wanted to have done and he headed us off to the business manager and "NUTS!" there was a couple buying our trailer! In an instant our hearts were broken as we wanted the experience to go to the show and "Buy THAT trailer". In that same instant my think before you speak filter was not keeping up and out of my mouth came " Wait, we don't want a show trailer!" and before I could explain to my wife why, Pat was telling her "You really don't". We had spoken to Pat the Wednesday before the show and he was able to get the factory inventory list for the 311 bh (how many left in what colors) and we knew they had the one we wanted. By not buying the show trailer our microwave door has not been opened 500 times a day for three days. Our steps have not had 500 people a day for three days in and out. Every switch in the trailer has nod had some little kid flipping it on and off until mom catches him. We did not want the show trailer! We got all the same prices for the show trailer, we got the color we wanted, and we got a NEW trailer! So as of yesterday we are Denali owners and you are stuck with us for a while.

Mike

memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #2

California
Congratulations on your new trailer! So happy you found what you were looking for!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #3

New York
welcome to the forum and on your new trailer.
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #4

Wyoming
Congrats! Welcome to the forum.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #5

Florida
Congratulations! Glad you were able to get the one you wanted.
2015 Dodge 3500 DW Mega Cab
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote