New Delivery - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2021, 03:36 AM   #1

Texas
New Delivery

Just closed on a new 2021 Kodiak Cub 185MB. Take delivery next Monday. Can't wait to get out on the road!!

PirateDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:47 AM   #2

Illinois
Congratulations. Keep us posted.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:58 AM   #3

Florida
Congrats and don’t forget to post some pics of your new rig. Word to the wise-do due diligence and do a search for pre delivery checklists here on this site. Don’t be too quick to take delivery until they have fixed all of the issues.

Frank
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:46 PM   #4

California
What Frank says. Make sure to perform a thorough PDI and do not take delivery unless it is dialed in. Remember, that one year warranty clock starts ticking the day you take delivery. So for example if a few things aren’t working or there is damage if you take delivery because they tell you “don’t worry, bring it back when convenient and we can get all those things fixed for you later” and then you try to bring it back and their first available appointment is two months out and then they need to keep it for a month while they wait in parts then not only are you not using it but your warranty clock is ticking. Then when something breaks a year and two weeks from now it will not be covered.

Quality control has always been abysmal in the RV industry and now that they can sell anything they churn out because demand is so high it is likely even worse. And I bet sourcing replacement parts and finding qualified technicians is even harder too.

So in short I would not be concerned about making friends when you pick it up and I would make sure it is dialed in when you pull it off the lot.

Pay special attention to slide out operation, tank gauges, hvac thermostats and operations, etc. I have one thermostat sensor that is off by like five degrees which is annoying but can be dealt with. I would also ask them to turn the fridge on before you pick it up and verify both freezer and fridge are nice and cold when you get there. Then switch to propane and make sure that works too. Bring a laser temperature gun and check all the temps in the fridge and hvac vents.

Also have them show you all the A/V stuff and location for all dump valves too.

Good luck!
Old 11-10-2021, 02:49 AM   #5

Wisconsin
I agree with Dsol. Don't sign anything. Before you sign they will rush to fix things. After you sign they will get around to it when they can. If you already put a down payment on it, don't sign anything else and certainly don't give them any more money.

Don't be afraid to give every fixture a tug. See if it is firmly attached.
Put a cup of coffee in the microwave and see if it heats.
Turn the furnace on and see if it heats.
Fill a glass of water using the 12 volt pump. Does it work without spitting a mixture of water and air (burst pump chamber).
Tug on the exterior lights. They should not come off easily.
After pumping some water down the drain, empty the gray tank. Does the valve work smoothly?
Do the interior lights work?
Does the A/C work
As noted above, does the refer cool.
Hook it up to your tow vehicle. Do driving lights work?
Check the shower flow.
Everything you can reach.
Have them show you how to winterize the water heater and plumbing lines. It could require a lot of unscrewing panels. Stick with it even if you have to come back another day to finish.

I totally regretted not having done this when I took possession of my Kodiak Cub. It was 4 months before I could make my first camping trip with it.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #6

Florida
What is said above don’t take lightly
As happy as you are to take it home be prepared
To leave It until it’s to your standards.
If you take it back later after sale your
Warranty clock starts and it could sit for a
Month or more. They are giving wise advice.
All our best central Florida

Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote