New Coleman - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2018, 02:46 AM   #1

Texas
New Coleman

Hi everyone. Just joining in and looking forward to some camping. Bought a Coleman Light series 2515RL. Nice trailer it seems for the money.

I have't been camping in several years and back then it was a Fleetwood pop-up.
Big difference for me and a lot more worry about when driving.

Looking forward to reading and posting here.

Take care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180323_143351.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	4676  

TT Coleman 2515RL
TejasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:28 AM   #2

Oregon
Welcome I am sure you will find it much nicer than you popup with all the conveniences of a new trailer.
I would fire up the fridge, hot water heater and furnace in the driveway and spend a night in it before you head out for your first trip. For the first trip I would pick some place close to home.
You will probably find out if dry camping that one battery doesn't last long maybe one night if using a furnace.
Good luck and have fun...

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:05 AM   #3

Florida
Welcome aboard, I have had 2016 CTS 16 FB since new and after quite a few mods "to make it my own" We really love it, graduated up from a PUP and never looked back. You will love it short set up/ breakdown, just open the door to pack & unpack plus all the conveniences and especially in inclement weather. Good Luck and Happy Camping
Old 04-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the forums!

The Coleman's are decent deal for the money, pretty old school construction so fairly easy to work on once you learn the tricks. Fun to mod too. I always figure on spending about 10% of the purchase price of my RV on upgrades (just to give you a heads up!).

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #5

Michigan
Me TOO

We just picked up our Coleman Light 2605RL on Friday (3/30/18). Hopefully, we'll have good luck as well. Unfortunately, Camping World did not check everything over before delivery, so now we have to go back. Disappointing delivery; but hoping years of fun will make up for it!!
CPBIEGALSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBIEGALSKI View Post
We just picked up our Coleman Light 2605RL on Friday (3/30/18). Hopefully, we'll have good luck as well. Unfortunately, Camping World did not check everything over before delivery, so now we have to go back. Disappointing delivery; but hoping years of fun will make up for it!!
Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately you have experienced the typical dealer experience. It is strongly recommended when purchasing an RV that you do your own thorough PDI PRIOR to signing on the dotted line just to avoid the situation you were handed.

Good luck in getting the issues resolved. If it is something simple just ask, we can probably walk you through the steps to correct it and save you the time and aggravation of dealing with the dealer.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:13 PM   #7

Michigan
Quote:
Which CampingWorld location was this? My wife & I are picking up our first travel trailer Saturday from the Grand Rapids location.
DanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:08 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Which CampingWorld location was this? My wife & I are picking up our first travel trailer Saturday from the Grand Rapids location.
Doesn't matter, Better if you do the inspection based on the inspection and pre-delivery sheets that have been posted here in the past. Unless it's obvious (like it has three tires and supposed to have four), they will usually miss LOTS!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #9

North Carolina
Welcome! Nice rig!
RobRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #10

Florida
Welcome CPBIEGALSKI and TEJASBOB! Hope your stay here is long and pleasant. Feel free to ask questions... Pictures are much appreciated!
Old 02-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #11

Virginia
New To Forum

Hello Everyone,
We are old campers new to forum. We purchased our 7th tt but longest yet, we are towing with a EcoBoost F150 so far so good I am impressed with this setup have towed about 3500 miles so far and headed to Florida next week from VA. Anybody mount a TV in the bedroom? looking to put a 23 inch in there and wondering if it will support.
Thanks and "Happy Trails"
Smith2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #12

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith2b View Post
Hello Everyone,
We are old campers new to forum. We purchased our 7th tt but longest yet, we are towing with a EcoBoost F150 so far so good I am impressed with this setup have towed about 3500 miles so far and headed to Florida next week from VA. Anybody mount a TV in the bedroom? looking to put a 23 inch in there and wondering if it will support.
Thanks and "Happy Trails"
What model did you buy?
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #13

Florida
Mounting a TV in the bedroom can be a challenge when there isn't a backer board there... test and proceed carefully! welcome to the forum!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:14 PM   #14

Arizona
Quote:
Common problem. Wishing you good luck with the dealer. This time I would recommend you insist on staying there until they go over everything with you once again!
I downloaded a check list and followed it. The young man assigned to me had a smart smile on his face, but to his credit, he stuck with me all day...I was there from 9am to just about 4pm. I drove out to Knoxville TN from Tucson area to pick up my used (new to me) Coleman CTU 249RB TT. Tennessee RV was the dealer and they were great.

Even with my lists and my questions...I still got back to Arizona with more questions....and have found the answers here on the forum. So try hard to keep them interested in you as a customer by asking those pesky questions...and go from the top to the bottom of the trailer. Learn where every drain is, every vent...etc...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_114615.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	5246  

People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote